Update..mother passed

Eni123

Hi Everyone,

After the long fight (10 months) my mother passed away. She had about a week after we began hospice care and it went downhill quickly. Our hospice experience was a good one. They helped us keep her pain at bay and all of the nurses were very kind.

I just want to honor my mother's courage and spirit throughout her journey with cancer. She never gave up and always stayed positive. I know there were many times that she was scared, but as a wife, mother, teacher, friend she never let it show. Her faith and love kept her strong.

This is going to be a difficult transition. I almost feel like I should be more upset than I am. I'm mostly just happy that she finally has her peace. It will be very difficult going on without her, but it's hard to remember a time when she wasn't so sick. I will remember all the good times we had and hearing other people's stories about her. I would feel selfish to want her back with me since she is now resting. I will still mourn her loss here, but I know she is still with me.

I want to thank everyone for their support throughout our battle with her cancer. I send my support to everyone else dealing with this disease. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes it's hard to find, but it's still there. You just have to search a bit deeper.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Regarding your feelings that you should feel 'worse' than you do...

I heard a lot of the same feelings I had when my Mom died... I was so relieved that she was out of pain and finally out of the body that had kept her true spirit trapped that I actually felt joyful for a week or two....

Then I felt numb for quite a while...

And then I felt really and truly bereaved.....

You will feel a wide variety of emotions as you begin this new journey. They are all ok. None of them are abnormal. Give yourself room for all of them.

Again, I am so very, very sorry.

So sorry to hear the news about your mom. She certainly was a fighter.

Please accept my deepest of sympathies. Keep those wonderful memeories of your mom deep within your heart in a place just saved for moms.

Maryanne