My dad was diagnosed today with 97% certainty :( (PET resul

Andrea

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrea, I can't believe it! @#$%^&*!!! I'm so sorry to hear this, and I do hope you have better than expected news soon. You have every right to be angry -- at the diagnosis (or nearly one), at the people who are not understanding what you're going through, at just about everything. Growl and howl and cry... and then get back to youro normal self, fighting for the best care you can get for your dad. I'm just so sorry!

BIG hugs,

Becky

Andrea,

I understand your worries and I'm glad that the medical people are getting things in motion quickly. In my case, I was ready to go and sit on a doorstep so that I could get seen and get some answers as soon as humanly possible.

But a one-day turn around on a PET and a brain MRI two days after a holiday weekend are good starts for what I hope is a whole lot of nothing!!!!

Take care and try, try, try to relax a little. Take some comfort in knowing there are a lot of us who have been through all this as well, and even though waiting was agony, it all ran it's course.

My thoughts are with you and your family this weekend,

Cindy

Andrea, you are going through so much lately! I would definitely be freaking out! You are very strong, and have a great husband who is supportive, thank goodness. It's just not fair, this neverending rollercoaster you're riding on!

I pray that God watches over you and your folks, and puts a smooth path in your way.

Andrea,

I can't imagine how you must feel so I won't go there. Know that all of you are in my prayers and thoughts each day. At least things are moving quickly so that you will know what you are dealing with soon. You are one of my favorite people and I admire your spunk when it comes to getting things done. If you want to whine...you have my permission to as loud and as often as you want or need to.

Nina

First of all, I just have to say how much I love you all! I do not feel worthy of such kindess and caring. You all always know what to say to everyone when the words escape me. I have NO idea what I would do without you all!

I sat at my parents all day waiting for the phone to ring :) The PET showed uptake at the nodule that was biopsied, no other spots lit up. I am aware that some of the other nodules could be too small to light up.

The pulmonologist is presenting his case on Tuesday at the Lung Cancer Tumor Board and I guess we will hear what is next next week.

Thanks again for everything!!!

PS--Anyone else start feeling themselves for lumps/bumps when there is news like this? I see the breast surgeon for my 6 month routine visit at the end of Sept and paranoia is already setting in :shock::P

I am so sorry, Andrea. I was always so shocked and saddened to see friends on my old LC board who had both parents diagnosed with LC, and then it happened to me...

I know it's hard to try to hold both your parents up when you're scared half to death yourself. Rest assure that we will all be here to help hold YOU up through it all, no matter what. You've been such a great source of support here, now it's our turn to give back to you.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family always.

Andrea,

unfortunately I wore the tee shirt you are about to put on. I was absolutely floored when my dad was dx'd w/LC 6 months after mom passed away from it.

There is nothing fair or right about this. Its totally unfair and wrong on every level there is.

Tie a know and hang on tight. Its a rough exhausting road and I know you will be able to handle it even though you should not have to.

You and your parents are in my prayers.