WANTED: Satellite Walkers

Debi

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of questions:

I have someone who wants to pay by check for their donation. I see that I can make an 'offline' donation, but it says I need to fill out a pledge form and bring it to the walk. Can I mail this in instead? I want to make sure my firend gets her tax receipt.

Also, will we satelite walkers get T-Shirts? I know that might be a little hard to co-ordiate, but I was just curious. I'd certainly wear mine with pride.

:) Kelly

Yes you can mail your form to Rich and he will give it to the treasurer.

Yes- the satellite walkers get a shirt. We hope to get them out to you so you can wear them the 11th when you walk.

Anyone thinking of doing the walk or being a satellite walker --please register so we can order enough shirts. Thanks!

Just a "ps" to Ry's post- I also have mailed or had my donor mail in checks directly to LUNGevity with the offline donor form and they have been credited to my page and the walk. Kelly, I will email you the form so you have.

A question to Ry, Rich or any of the Bostonian organizers- I have had 2 offline donations sent, and the money has been added, but the names of the donors don't scroll when it is a check (thank you Linda & Pam! :wink:). Is there any way to get their names up there with my other donors or is this impossible?

Oh and just an aside- Christy (Rogfarm) and I are both on Team Oklahoma and in case no one has seen, we are currently in the #1 team spot for Teams on the Boston Walk site. I know we are all in this together, but I think its really cool that Team Oklahoma has managed to at least temporarily, hold the #1 spot!!

Another note- I had posted on several lung cancer boards (I received 2 donations from one of them!), explaining what I was doing and 2 of the boards actually deleted my post. I'm pissed.. its not like I was asking for money for me for crying out loud.. I won't put which boards but I want to.. :twisted:8)

And for those of you still thinking of doing the satellite walk - please join us - there has never been a better time to do something than right now.

You cease to amaze me Debi. Great, Great idea,

We are having our walk (Heathers) here in South Jersey on Nov. 5th, so I will be getting my own donations like last year. Last year I raised 800.00 my own personal goal is 1000.00. Heather raised 45,000.00 for LUNGevity last year...

Keep us informed of how much you raised through satellite.... great idea Debi.

Anyone wanting to donate to our walk also just email or PM me. Checks are also made out to LUNGevity. I am going to send a donation over to Rich's site for the satellite walk.

Good luck Debi,

Maryanne

Alright...I'm in!! 8) Debi, and the rest of team Oklahoma...look out!! Team AIR-izona is coming! :lol::lol::lol:

Fellow Zonies (or anyone who has visited the Grand Canyon...or wanted to...we're not picky :wink: ...) visit "Our" team page at:

https://secure.campagne-online.com/registrant/TeamPage.aspx?EventID=3633&LangPref=en-CA&TeamID=2102

Here's a link to my page, as well:

https://secure.campagne-online.com/registrant/personalPage.aspx?EventID=3633&LangPref=en-CA&RegistrationID=10616

A note to Andrea: I set our Team's goal at $3600 - I borrowed your "special" number in recognition of your family's struggles. I hope you don't mind. :wink:

Debi ~ I hope you won't mind giving the "competition" some helpful hints. I am a complete beginner at this stuff, but I've wanted to do this for awhile. Thanks for the prod.

This is going to be so cool!

Yours in HOPE! (and soon in sore feet :lol:)

Stacey

You rock Stacey!!! Can I say overachiever?? Not only are you walking, but you're hiking up mountains??!!

What's next year, Mt. Everest????? :lol::wink:

Anyway, I did live in Arizona for a year, so its close to my heart! If you need anything, just PM me.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'll be packing a large pack...just to carry all my breathing meds... :roll:

I may take all day to make the top, but I WILL get there!! :shock:

Debi ~ YOU rock!! Look what you (and Rich & Geri) have started. I am so continually amazed by the people on this board, and the mountains they climb EVERYday!

:wink:

Wow, thank you Dazy. That just made me cry!

I am annoyed, not enough of my friends and family donated. :twisted: I think the problem was that a few intial donors set the bar too high at $100, making those who donated less feel bad. I think a donation of even $5 is nice, it is the thought. I will remind people again when I send another update about my dad :)

FYI Only/For the satellite walkers--we will mail out a tee shirt and goodie bag to you before the event. If you have a pledge form you can mail it directly to LUNGevity anytime before the event. Make sure you make copies for your records also. Please do not send cash through the mail only checks. Donors will get a tax receipt from LUNGevity and and a thank you letter but need to make sure LUNGevity has all the info (name, address etc) provided. Any questions or problems or if a question is missed on the posts please email me @ walkfunrun@yahoo.com instead. So far I have Debi, Rochelle, Katie, Val, Christina, Kelly, Andrea and Stacey for satellite walkers. If I'm missing anyone please let me know. Hope this helps. Thanks guys for doing this and making a differences. You guys s/b proud of yourselves I know I am.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...