I've become a hypochondriac!!

Snowflake

HELLLLPPPPP!! I've become one of those people that runs to the doctor for a case of the sniffles!!

Okay, okay, it was more than just the sniffles and I CALLED the doctor first and she wanted to see me due to my history, but I feel like such a putz! Were this last year at this time, I'd pop the NyQuil and sleep for three days and feel like I did the right thing...

....INSTEAD, I feel my lymph nodes "working" and think about the possibility of nasty little bad cells moving around my body and run to the doctor hoping she can give me some magic pill to make me feel better and put the nodes at ease.... I watch too darn many cartoons!! I've become "Osmosis Jones"...ewwwwwwww!!

So, my wonderful doctor? She wanted to see me and check things out, took a strep culture, wrote out a prescription due to my immune system being on a roller coaster, gave me a hug and sent me on my way. (If ANYTHING makes it all better, it'll be the hug!)

I told her I felt like an idiot, she told me I am...JUST KIDDING! She said better to be safe and catch something early versus "toughing it out" at home and letting it incubate if it's something bad...

I just want to be NORMAL again! Ya know, when sick meant chicken soup, Kleenex and NyQuil NOT a doctor visit and sucking on a Q-Tip! (HATE them cultures!) ...and if any of my real life friends heard that, the reply would be "You've NEVER been normal!"

BAH! I'm off to pop yet ANOTHER pill on my sore throat! The flip side? The good among all this? My husband feels sorry for me (I must look REAL bad) and has rubbed my feet.....sooooo nice....

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." ~Will Rogers (1879-1935)

Becky,

You're just now becoming a hypochondriac? I am impressed. I picked up that label in the 4 years preceding my diagnosis of lung cancer when I kept going to the docs and saying "Please help me...something is wrong with my lungs and I think it's cancer."

Your instincts (to have medical problems dealt with before it becomes something big and bad and hard to handle) are right on target. Your Doc's response (better to check it out than not) is right on target. This is the new Norm, at least until you and I reach the 15 plus year survivor mark, in which case I think we'll have settled down enough to do the chicken soup thing.

Hope you are feeling better very soon.

Fay A.

Snowflake, remember your own post--Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne!!!!!!!! Saddle on up and get to that doctor, I have a feeling this is normal for all us survivors, or at least should be. I hope I become one of those hypachondriacs which will enable the docs to catch WHATEVER MAY BE WRONG in time to KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL whatever bad things there may be.

Hang in there!

David C