Chest pains

asmakis

My dad has been weened off the Decadron to prepare for the clinical trial. This morning however he had terrible pains in his chest. I'm not sure what it is. Is the lung cancer actually painful like that? He's also noticed blood in his stools. What could this be from? Shoot we were doing so well for a while and now he's got these symptoms. :(

Pain in chestr could be several things. I would think a trip to ER To be safer than sorry just in case, but do not know all facts. Is there a shortness of breath? If yrd might Be Pericardial Effusion possibly. Am not a Dr and never stayed at Holiday Inn express so do the right thing and of course let us know. Sending Prayers For good news and Thanks for participating in Clinical Trial. That takes a lot I know and I respect everyone who participates.

My mom and dad are actually out of town this weekend. I just called (again) moments ago and my dad is feeling fine. The pain was only this morning. I hate to pressure them to go to the ER right now- they're trying to "get away". I intend to have them follow up tomorrow when the Dr. is in. Thank you all for your words of advise- they are not in vain.

Amanda

While i was weaning off of decadron i had chest pains. All the docs have assured me that it is not the decadron. I think it is the decadron. The heart tests they have done on me show that my heart is healthy. If steroids affect leg and other muscles and make them hurt, why not the heart too. It is a muscle also. This is all just my opinion. pammie