He's 29. Will he make it to 30? 10/2 UPDATE

stand4hope

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Such thoughtful friends you all are. Thanks for asking about Mike. But first, I apologize for taking so long to get back on the site and post to anybody. I have just been unusually busy.

Compared to where he was, Mike is doing better. I wouldn't say he's great or even good, but he is better. He is having a really hard time recovering strenth and endurance. He is always very weak and just can't seem to get back any strength. His pain is still there, but much less.

When he was in the hospital, they said his RBC level dropped a little every day and was just a little below normal when he was released. They said he could be bleeding internally, but they didn't know from where. They said it wasn't low enough to worry about at that time. He's still very pale, can only do anything for a couple of hours or less and then he is just exhausted and goes to bed. He also gets light-headed, gets short of breath, and is just very weak. All those symptoms match the symptoms for low RBC.

His PCP ordered labs and he had blood drawn today, so we're anxious to get those results.

I am concerned. I am encouraged, however, because at least the severe pain has stopped and he isn't having to take pain medication all day. He's just taking it when the pain starts to get bad. He needs it every day, but not usually until late afternoon or evening.

Thanks again for asking about him.

Tina, I'm so happy to hear about your dad! Kasey, if you see this, congrats on your good news, too. I know there are lots of others to post to, but I'll just have to try and catch up sometime.

Love to all,

Peggy

Peggy,

Honey, you have really been through it these last few weeks. I hope your son continues to improve and that his counts are ok. I have no idea how I missed this for this long but I am so sorry you had to go through all of this. I have two children and I would be just like you are and worry 24/7. I hope you are getting some rest.

Nina

Dear Peggy,

Just came across this post and wanted you to know that I am saying an extra prayer tonight for your son and for you... I think its time you got a break huh? One person can only endure so much.... I am hoping there is nothing but good news and happiness down the road... Love, Sharon