New family

lilyjohn

I need a pass for the next week. As of Friday at 1pm I am officially on vacation :!:

I'm not sure if I mentioned it to you before but in March I got a real surprise and the timing was good because it was the day after I got back from my ex's funeral.

When I got my computer in 2000 I started looking into my family tree. I could find nothing on my dad's side of the family so I posted a question on one of the genealogy message boards. I heard nothing until March this year.

My cousins son saw the question while looking for information himself. He sent me an email. Within a few days I was in contact with one cousin I had met only once years ago and another that I had never met. Her and I are the same age. I remember meeting my uncle a couple of times but that was 40 years ago. We have been talking often and keeping in touch.

Tomorrow I will drive down to my sister in law's in Red Bluff and Monday morning they will take me to a bus going to Sacramento where I will catch a train to Bakersfield and meet my cousins. I'm not sure who is more excited her or me. Then one day will will drive a little further and I will meet her sister and brother, two more cousins I've never met. So my time will be put to good use.

It is so nice to actually be going on vacation just for fun and not because of some tragedy. Please pray for me a safe trip. Lillian