More bad news.....

EastCoastLadi

Did I say, this sucks! husbands' onc. called this morn. results of mri, brain mets are back...not what we wanted to hear.

Onc. to talk to radiologist about what to do next, see if my husband can do more wbr for a 2nd time or, I know you don't radiate over and over, but onc. feels can do a combo of both oral chemo (limited), with some radiation.

Now we're waiting for the radiologist to call to go and see what his approach will be.

I'm pretty sure cyberknife is not an option.....

whatever it will be, it is going to knock the "u know what" out of my husband....

I'm glad I got the girls off to school today...

Grace

OH Grace I was so sorry to read this post. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I hope they get the right treatment to help him.

So sorry, wish I could do something to take away the pain and sorrow you are going through. But Never Give Up. He can get through this too.

We are always her for you Grace.

Maryanne :cry:

UPDATE 9/13/06

Thank you all for your care and concern, it really means alot to me..

My husband is going back to the radiologist to do low dosage of WBR, the radiologist said he may want to try some radiation on his lung and adrenal gland where he has tumors. He didn't mention his liver, I don't think he can radiate around there, I believe it is too much of a risk.

The radiologist also wants to set up my husband for IMRT...(sorry if i'm getting it wrong), all that I know is that it is riskier and it is going to take some time for the radiologist to set this all up.

The plan is to map his brain next week and start radiation the week after for 5 x week for 1 month. Also he will be taking oral chemo, at this point I don't know much. I also asked about Temodar, if anyone knows more then I have found out, I would luv to hear about it. All I know is that it is used to treat brain tumors, but the radiologist isn't sure whether w/ sclc if it is a possibility.

Also, tomorrow he is going in for some upper GI tests, he's been having alot of stomach pain, I'm hoping it's just due to all the meds he's taking.

Needless to say, my husband is having a hard time with this, even though he's not going to tell me that.......

Just send the good vibes his way....he definitely needs it

Grace