Dehydration, Part III

Don Wood

Well, my heart is very heavy today. The dehydration problem is solved, but the lung infection is much worse. Lucie's platelet count is very low. She is not very responsive. There may even be heart problems. It is so difficult keeping myself together and trying to be supportive to my three kids.

Randy is here from Dallas and has decided to stay to support me. What a beautiful guy! It is hard to see my kids' pain. There is still hope but it is getting slimmer. Please keep us continually in your prayers. Love you guys and gals. Don

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don, I am so very sorry that things don't look better today. You and Lucie are always in my prayers. I know how hard this must be for you. I'm so glad you are not alone. All your life, you have felt the need to be strong for your children. Maybe you need to think about doing a little role reversal and let them be there for you right now. Please know that Lucie has all of our prayers and good thoughts! You make sure and take care of yourself. I know how hard this is on you.

We, too, have not stopped praying here, Don. I agree with Ann............perhaps allow your children to be supportive of you right now. This has just got to be one difficult time for all of you, but YOU especially. We are all rallying for Lucie. If only all our good wishes and prayers could do the trick! Prayers for all of you.

Love,

Kasey

Oh, dear sweet, Don. I can so clearly and vividly see you in my mind right there in Lucie's ICU room.

I can hear all the noises, including the steady dependable sounds of the respirator, smell the smells, see the wires and the attentive doctors and nurses constantly working to help Lucie and keep her comfortable. I can also instensely feel your pain and the pain of your children. I can see, feel, smell and hear it all. I so much understand what you're going through. If I were there you could use my shoulder and we could share our tears.

I am still praying for a miracle, Don. Even though Lucie isn't responding, I'm sure she can still hear you and feel your touch. I wish you could really feel how much love I'm sending your way.

Love,

Peggy

Dearest Don, Lucie, and Family,

My prayers go out to you during these trials. A couple as strong as the two of you will find your way through these dark moments, only to find light, and beauty. Please know you have my prayers, and my thoughts. Stay strong, know we are here, and be assured your family here on the board is colletively joined to provide power and peace.

God bless,

Jen

My heart is aching for your pain, I agree with Ann and Kasey - allow your kids to help with your pain, it's okay for them to know how much you hurt and how scared you are.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all, especially for your beautiful Lucie.

Take care

Geri

Don,

Prayers continue for you both and for your sons. I agree that you need to let your family support you right now if you can. It's ok. Of course, I'm one to talk. I stayed strong for my kids, too...so I understand. Please try to take care of yourself and rely on the Lord for your strength. Take care and a special blessing on you all.

We love you and Lucie and are here for you.

Don,

I have been trying to check the board all day from work to see how Lucie is doing. I am so sorry that things are not looking up, I continue to hope with all my heart that Lucie pulls out of this.

Sending Prayers From under the Carolina Blue sky today for the entire Wood Family. I pray that Lucie gets that miracle turnaround we all pray for and is home soon with her family. She continues to amaze me with her fighting Spirit indeed with the help of a great support Family.