My dad has Stage IV lung cancer... (9/20 update)

Andrea

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrea,

I am sorry you have to go through this with your dad. I know it is early and have not had time for a plan on treatment... Please look into Cyberknife. They have a brand new office in San Diego and the doctor's are phenominal. Dr. Smith is the radiation onc.. He has been doing CK for years in Oklahoma. I was very impressed with the professionalism,one on one attn and knowledge. I would suggest at least a conultation. Check out www.vyberknifesupport.org/forum Yhere are real doctors you can ask questions, they respond very quickly...

I start treatment there next Friday...

Please keep us posted... Prayers for you and your family...

Karen

Andrea, I cannot imagine the pain you and your family are in right now. I'm really angry this is happening. This disease just has to be stopped. It HAS to be. I'm so sorry. Please take good care of yourself, so you can continue to advocate for the best of care for him and all those you love. And call me if I can do anything.

Love,

BeckyCW

Oh Andrea, I can't believe this. It is beyond devastating to have to go through this with another parent...and for your mom to now go through this with a spouse. I was looking at your registration page for the walk and thinking how cute your parents are together (love your dad's hat). Just remember many of our long term survivors here have BAC. It is slow growing and chances are your dad will be here to see that baby when it comes.

Can we do anything for you?

((((Andrea)))),

I don't have any comforting words for you, Andrea. Just know that you and your family will be at the top of my prayer list. I am so sorry this is happening. I, too, am angry............at lung cancer......at WHATEVER, ya know? You know the drill about breathing and all. Just be sure to allow us to carry some of your load.....hold your pork chop!

Much caring sent your way,

Kasey

Oh no, Andrea! I am in shock. I am so sorry to read this. Honey, I just don't know what to say. I know you already know this, but give yourself a couple of days, even a week or so, and you will be ok and ready for the fight. You mom has done well, and your dad will, too. They are both very strong, and you are a lot stronger than you think you are!

I'm praying for strength for your dad, for you, and for your mom.

Love,

Peggy