My dad has Stage IV lung cancer... (9/20 update)

Andrea

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of you and sending prayers for something to be done to help your dad. He seems like quite a character expecially in that new pic you posted with him in that hat. So cute and funny... :D

I know you will keep us updated when you get the time. You know how much you mean to us and we are all sending prayers to him, you and your mom.

Hang in there.

Maryanne :cry:

I cannot thank you all enough for everything.

We took my dad home from the hospital yesterday. He is acting very normal. After lung surgery, on the way home, we had to stop at Ralph's (supermarket) to get his rice pudding. He was walking and acting totally fine. He still had his hospital bands on, he probably looked like a mental ward escapee ;)

I honestly don't think it has sunk in. We are still in shock. We should see the oncologist next week. The final pathology about lymph nodes is not back and we don't know if the brain is involved. His path went to Mayo also again.

That's about it.

I'm so pleased that Dad has escaped the mental ward (!) and is well enough for rice pudding.........that sounds like it could be a trade off Andrea, you'll pick up rice pudding everytime he makes the egg salad.

Keep taking those deep breaths but not deep enough to hyper-ventilate.

Thinking of you all

Geri

Andrea,

It sounds like your Dad is one terrific guy. He wants everything to be normal but I bet he knows he is in for a ride with chemo etc. If I were you I'd let him set the pace. You are a wonderful daughter and I know you will know exactly what to do when. How is your mother taking all of this and how is she feeling? It has been a rough time for all of you. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Nina

Andrea, I gotta get me some of that rice pudding! Seriously, I'm so glad to hear your dad is home, and I know he's proud to have a daughter like you -- and a wife like your mom -- beside him right now. I'm mean, I'm sure he's ALWAYS happy about that, but... you know. Not just anyone will be there to take you for rice pudding on the way home from lung surgery.

Keep your spirits up, and let me know if I can do anything for you.

Hugs,

BeckyCW

Andrea...You just hang in there! This is so much one one family's plate but I know that you have a wonderful family that is ready to tackle this! I'll be saying lots of prayers for all of you!!!

Nina--my mom is ok, she is just shocked. We all feel like this is a BAD dream. Waiting to see the oncologist is getting to us. We can't get an appointment until final pathology is back and that can take a week.

I will keep you all updated. Thanks :)