My mama is with our Lord

mamasbabygirl

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers and Condolences to everyone and Loris first post here as follows;

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:45 am Post subject: Im a newbie and worried about mom's throat pain

I have been reading these posts for weeks now and have prayed for many of you and your families. Fall54, the loss of your brother made me cry and I hope that you are doing well.

I have a question. Mom has been taking radiation treatments for about a month and a half now and she has had throat pain, but this weekend she couldn't even eat ice cream. She drinks that stuff that is supposed to numb her enough to be able to swallow, but this weekend has me very concerned. Is this normal? Should she be doing something different?

Thanks for any replies.

Lori

Dear Lori,

I just scanned the "Family and Caregivers" section looking for an update on your Mom... I always looked forward to your messages.... but I looked in vain this time and then I found this.... I am so sorry... what a long, tough battle you and your Mom fought side by side. Holding each other up along the way. I am so glad you were with her when she passed, holding her hand as she held your heart through your lifetime. May you have days of peace ahead and only warm and gentle memories. What an incredible Mama and what special daughter she had.... Much Love, Sharon

Lori -

I have been thinking of you and come here often looking for updates on your mom. I am so sorry to hear about your (and your family's) loss. My thoughts are with you are your family during this difficult time. I hope that you continue to find comfort through this site.

Paula

I'm so sorry to read this, Lori. My heart breaks for you. I pray God will bring you & your family comfort in the days ahead, and that you may find peace & joy in your memories! You are such a wonderful & dedicated daughter ~ I'm sure your Mom is proud!

My Grandma loved this poem, and I had to go find it in my memory box to share with you...it makes me think of your "Rocky", too.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am a diamond glint of snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awake in the morning hush,

I am the swift, uplifting rush

of quiet birds in circling flight.

I am the soft starshine at night.

Do not stand at my grave, and cry.

I am not there, I did not die.

~ Author unknown

Gentle hugs,(((Lori))).

With deep sympathy,

Stacey

I suspect your words are true, Lori, you will always miss her but please know that your example of a loving daughter caring for her mother under any and all circumstances changed my life, and my mothers'. I am so sorry for the pain you must be in, and so grateful for what you've shared with us.

xoxo

amie

I am so sorry for your loss. I just read the newspaper article you posted and I am sure she was a lovely person. I pray for you and the family for peace during this most difficult time.

Donna G