Lucie Fly Wood

Don Wood

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Don. I am so sorry. Lucie's journey with cancer was so inspirational to me when we joined the board - her story of survival gave us hope at a time when we desperately needed it.

I wish there were words which would help to ease your pain, but please know we are with you.

Peace and love to you.

Karen

Oh Don, I am at a loss for words. Lucie was such an amazing lady. I never had the honor to meet her but her story has given me much strength and courage in my own journey with this awful disease.

Please know that you and your family are in my family's prayers. I am so sorry.

Tracy

Oh dear Don, I don't begin to know what to say. Lucie will always be such an important part of our family here and an inspiration to all as to how to suffer this disease with grace. I am so very sorry. I will pray for peace and comfort for you and your children.

How appropriate her maiden name. Let us think of Lucie now FLYing with the angels.

Don I feel so devastated as though Deb passed again, Very Sad and Crying for you all. my hertfelt condolences and prayers for you and The Wood Family. this hurts very much anI hope you know Heavrn has gained a very special angel. Lucie was a very special Lady to us and So very blessed to share her time here on Earth with you and her children. Love Peace Hugs and Comfort to the Wood Family

Don and Lucies First Post;

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:12 pm Post subject: From Don Wood

Don Wood

Posted: 10 Jan 2003 07:31 pm Post subject:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Don Wood here. This is the third time I have posted this info, but each time it was on a new message board. My wife was diagnosed with NSCLC in October, with mets to the bones. Actually, there is only a trace of the cancer in her lungs. She has had radiation for three of the five known bone mets to prevent bone fracture and/or reduce pain. She has had 2 rounds of chemo (carboplatin & taxotere). The first went fine, but the second really put her down. She has been in the hospital for dehydration and/or infections three times in December, for a total of about 25 days, including Christmas in ICU. I got her home last Saturday and she is progressing slowly. I have had to learn how to be a nurse! I am a prostate cancer survivor, but my events were not so dramatic as hers. We will meet with the oncologist Tuesday to see where we are and where we are going with this. We both have good support systems, so I am hopeful. We have three grown children, and they are coping fiarly well. I am trying to regain some normalcy and control in at least a small part of my life, so I can bear the rest. Would like to hear from other caregivers and how they are doing. Thanks. Don

68-yr old, married 43 yrs, wife has NSCLC (diag. 10/02) w. bone mets. I am 7-yr. prostate cancer survivor and 5-yr. heart bypass surgery survivior. Three adult children and 2 grandchildren. I am trained caregiver.Back to top

Oh Don, upon reading your words my eyes flooded with tears. I am beyond words at this point. You and Lucie are such an inspiration to us all.

Eternal rest be granted unto her oh Lord and may your perpetual light shine upon her always. May she rest in peace. Cancer no more.

God bless you Don, and your children. May you find peace at this time, be wrapped in the arms of God, and know strenth, love, and comfort.

Jen

Dear Don,

I am so very sorry for your and your family's loss. Heaven has truly gained a wonderful new angel. I'll cherish the time I was able to spend with Lucie (and yourself) at Katie and Rick's in July. She was and she will continue to be such an inspiration to so many.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Don.

Much love,