Lucie Fly Wood

Don Wood

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don,

I'm very sorry and saddened to hear about Lucie. I admired and respected the way Lucie and you went about battling lung cancer with class, dignity and style. She was one on my hero's as well you on the board. You were a great caregiver and did everything the way it was supposed to be done. My condolences to you, your family and your friends.

Rich

Dear Don,

I say this post and thought.. NO it just can't be... I am so shocked and so very, very sorry. Lucy has become like the matriarch of our little family here and I can't believe she is truly gone. I am just so devastated. Please know I am praying for you, what a wonderful husband you have been to her for all of these years... she was truly a lucky lady. I am just so sorry... Much Love, Sharon

Don,

So sorry to hear this. Our deepest condolences to you.

Kim & Bev

Excerpt from "Healing" by Todd Rundgren

Where you are going

you cannot take your body

You are on a journey,

the baggage is too heavy

You can leave your legs behind you,

you will learn to fly

You can leave your arms behind you,

you will touch the sky

You can leave your head behind you,

you are thought itself

You can leave the rest behind you,

you are breath itself

Don and family,

I am saddened to see that Lucie has passed. I know your hearts are heavy. When I read that she had died, the image of her riding on the wings of eagles came into my head and I saw her as an angel.

May the good Lord give you comfort and peace at this time in your lives.

I know you will miss her terribly, but she will always, always be with you in your hearts.

Praying for us all,

Love,

Shirleyb

Don, saying I'm sorry seems so inadequate. My heart aches for your loss. I am just in shock. I admired your strength as a team, fighting this beast with every ounce of passion. Peace be with you, Don. Lucie was a beautiful person, inside and out, and I feel honored to have "known" her through you.

:cry:

Don,

You've always had such words of comfort for the rest of us, and I just can't seem to come up with the words for you.

I do want to thank you for letting us all get to know this wonderful woman through your eyes. To know you two is to believe in love, and to believe in miracles. Prayers for you and your family, and our beloved Lucie.

Kelly

Oh, Don... I feel like someone just punched me in the stomach and I can't get up. It doesn't seem right that we can't keep picturing Lucy's smiling face nuzzled up next to yours. It's just so hard to believe she's gone - and I never even met either of you in person. Somehow I just thought Lucy would always be there. Somehow, I'm sure she is. My heart is with you, as are my prayers. I'm just so, so sorry, Don.

Hugs and more hugs,

BeckyCW

Don,

I am saddened to read this news. Praying for comfort for you and your children...

Lucie is at peace and will never feel pain again. She is resting in the arms of our Lord in Heaven. We will miss her very much. She was a support to so many and an inspiration...

God Bless and rest in peace dear Lucie,

Karen

Dear Don,

I am so very sorry. I dont know why but I always felt Lucy would be here. She will be in spirit, I know. I can only imagine you're devastation and lonliness for the love of you're life. You were both so very fortunate to have had each other. You will have each other again Don in heaven where there is no ending and no pain or worry.

Prayers for strength and comfort for you and you're family.

God Bless you all,

Jane