Nascar fans(benny parsons update)

nikkala

Posted on Wed, Sep. 20, 2006

Parsons hopes to be back at the track this weekend

By DAVID POOLE

The Charlotte Observer

Benny Parsons, who is undergoing treatment for cancer, missed the broadcast at New Hampshire after spending time in a hospital over the weekend.

He was back to host his “Fast Talk” program on Performance Racing Network Monday night, however, and told listeners he hopes to be in Dover.

“I was tanked out on Friday,” Parsons said on his show. “I went to see the doctor before my trip to Loudon and my blood levels were just way down, so they said you need to go to the hospital and get some intensive care.”

Parsons said he has no treatments scheduled this week. He’s completed radiation and his next chemotherapy dose doesn’t come until next week.

Parsons also said his doctors tell him his tumor continues to shrink.

“We talked about it two or three weeks ago that I had an 80 percent reduction in the tumor to where it started,” he said.

“Talking to my doctors they feel like we’re going to be OK in this deal and the next time I have a scan we’re going to be OK. If not, I’ll be awfully disappointed.”