Getting to Know You - September 26

Ann

So...the fall season is officially upon us now. Fall used to be my favorite season when I lived in Tennessee. Here, in Florida, there really doesn't seem to be much of a fall. We just seem to transition from hot to hotter, with a few chilly days in between. So....fall...tell me your favorite things about fall.

WIth sorrow this year at the thought of doing it alone , is the trek on a nice sundaty up along the Blue ridge for Leaf watching. This was a yearly Road Trip that Deb and I always did for 8 years since we moved here from Florida after we gor married. Pick a nice sunday get up early and get on the road to "Leaf watch" For a day. She loved to see all teh colors of fall on the trees before they lost their leaves.

We're so fortunate to live in New England, Fall is so beautiful here. One of our favorite things to do this time of year is to go apple picking, some of the farms here have great things for the kids to do, tractor rides, farm animals, ice cream... and of course in a couple of weeks....pumpkin picking!!!! I love going right to the pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins.....

Grace

My favorite thing about fall.....

A few years back my Mom, stepdad and older sister started going on our annual outing "Spoon River Drive".

It is the first two weekends in October. We will be going the second weekend this year.

This is a fall festival that goes through small towns. They have craft sales, garage sales, flea markets and you can find just about anything if you look hard enough.

The fall colors are at their peak and it is just absolutely beautiful.

My Mom always loved dolphins. Last year I found a little bracelet for a dollar that had dolphins all the way around it. I knew she would like it, but didn't realize that she would wear it everyday. She treasured that bracelet and told me she always received compliments on it.

She still has that bracelet with her now......

I love getting out the sweaters and cool weather clothes. I love the color changes and Indian summer--cider, donuts, pumpkin soup... I hate putting away the deck furniture, planters, and taking the boat out. It's hard to say good-bye to summer.

Oh Tina...you have no idea just how good your offer sounds to me about right now! I would love to drive through the Smokies and see all the beautiful colors. I think we could just stop often, get outside the car, and feel Charlie and Dennis up there in those mountains with us. Yes...my birth mother still lives in Knoxville, along with my 4 sisters and 1 brother. I was adopted and will always consider my adoptive parents my real family. Unfortunately, they're both deceased. Oh, how I miss fall in Big Orange Country!!!