A Small-General Research

berisa

Hi, we have been told that in Chinese Medicine perspective, cancer patients always have one common sign, that is there is a "cut-alike" on the surface of the tongue, from up to down, located in the middle of the tongue -- like " I " shape. I don't know how to describe, but my Dad did have that cut-alike "STRAIGHT line" from up to down in the middle of the tongue.

Do you mind telling me do you have one like what my Dad has???? I know this does not mean anything, but if it is a fact, I just wonder is that an earlier signal ??

Well, because I am always game for making myself look silly (I have more fun with it than the other observers...) I stuck my tongue out at myself in the mirror for you.

Nope, No "I" shape anywhere.

But it isn't as brown and ucky as it used to be when I smoked! Thanks, thats something I hadn't noticed until now.

For crying out loud Norme...I hope it wasn't an EYE!!! :lol:

I looked at my tongue too but didnt post because I didn't want to admit that I did. Now that others have come forward, I confess that I looked at mine in my rear view mirror in the car. Anyway, I have a long line but no "I"!

Debi

47 years old

Stage 1A-nsclc

Surgery June 16, 2003 - Upper & Mid Lobe removed

sorry all, maybe what i mentioned was not good enough because my english isn't good enough to explain and describe accurately.

What I mean (I am trying again :) ) is, there is a long "line" placed in the middle of the tongue and it is from up to down. For other shapes you find mean other things but not cancer in Chinese Medicine Perspective.

Sorry that "I" is not the most accurate meaning, should be " l " , a straight line "l" (not zip zap line) .....

I don't know why you guys think this action is silly :) , maybe this is cultural differences. Anyway, thank you for telling me.

> I don't know why you guys think this action is silly

In western cilture, sticking your tongue out is considerd funny. It is used to lovingly tease people when you prove them wrong, or you do it behind someones back to say..well, er, it isn't a nice word, so I won't use it.

I think everyone, cancer or not, has a line down the middle of thier tongue..so I guess we are not getting your description clearly. Be patient with us..we are old and grumpy :wink:

Berisa, I sure didn't mean to make light of your question. I just sometimes have to give a little humor if only to myself because this cancer sometimes gets so deep it hurts.

Both Buddy and I have a line down the middle. I am going to have to look at other tongues before I start worrying about myself....

Gina, the straight line in the middle from up to down in fact, looks like the tongue is cut by knife that the the surface is not smooth and not in the same level, I don't mean this straight line is the natural "valley".

What I have on my tongue is cut by knife in zip zap direction, not a straight line cut. This is told by one of the chinese writers who now live in Toronto that he told us.

Norme, in fact, dont worry too much, i am just told about this. :P

Hi Berisa,

This is very interesting. I do not have the line, but my son (17) does. I'm sure that no one can resist checking when they read this so we can do our own study here. I have also heard that a crease in your ear lobe is a sign of heart disease I have this crease. Do you think that might come from Chinese medicine too or does everyone get this crease when they get older?

Jenny

Hi Jenny

this is the first time i hear about the crease in ear lobe, I don't know whether it is from chinese medicine perspective but i guess it is not from chinese bcoz usually only relate the tongue and pulse. One of my auntie has heart disease, maybe let me check it later. But i don't understand what do you mean of "Ear lobe". hehehe

Sometimes, I just think those signs may be the facts. You know, from scientific perspective, maybe it is the DNA issue that causes some body changes. I find these are interesting bcoz like watching Discovery Channel. :D

But for those who find a straight line cut, don't be panick, because I really don't know the answer, i am just telling you what i heard and wonder whether it is the fact only. :wink: