Looking for neighbors

Cindy RN

We do not have a local cancer group. Just wondering if anyone here is from the south eastern area of Il. Or the south western part of IN. I live about 45 south and west of Terre Haute, IN. Approx 2 1/2 hrs south of Champaign, IL. It gets lonely here. Some of you are close together-You Chicago people! :?

Geez, you guys! Use some imagination here, what does Vegas have on a private beach in the Caribbean?? Oh, 000?? As if we aren't already doing THAT on a daily basis! 8) (Still watch both ways for that beer truck when I cross the street!)

A private beach with white sand and blue sea....hammocks in the palm trees....cabana boys with fruity drinks.... AHHHHHhhhhh... And freedom to wear something less than a T-shirt without strange looks....

...now back to a late summer day with the sun outside and me inside.... :roll:

This is making me SICK!! I used to be one of those sun worshippers. I loved being out all summer and getting tanned! Not anymore! Now I get in the sun and my flesh feels like it is on fire! :cry: But imagine all of us -no wigs or hats! You guys can go bald and people say how "sexy" it is. I never heard anyone say "sexy" to bald women. (Except my hubby :lol: ) Oh well I am laying in Aruba on the sand with the radio on the oldies and just soaking up the sun :wink:

If it's all the same to you folks, why don't we take an Alaska Cruise? My body has some very "Freddy Krugeresque" scars that won't look so great in a swimsuit.

I wanted to let you know that I've met some of our members who live about 3 hours south of me. They are wonderful ladies, and I feel priviledged to have met them. have to find a way to connect with one another, live and in person, to start local in-person support groups. I'm hoping that when Connie is feeling better she may consider advising us on how to go about starting groups in our own communities.

Fay A.

I prefer to not go on an Alaskan Cruise - air up there is pretty dry! (Spent three years in Fairbanks). I was thinking the private tropical island would be nice for those of us with scars - nothing new to the rest of the group, I'm sure!

I can't spend time in the sun, just thinking of the blue sea, warm breeze, taking a looooonnnngggg nap in the warm sand in the shade of a palm tree - OR in a hammock between two palm trees...

Hope you can rustle up some neighbors! I'm a little north of Chicago...about SIX hours at 80 mph... 8)

I have the answer.

You all can come to my backyard, I will get out the kiddy pool, the rain unbrella because i don't have a beach one, sand from granddaughter's sand box, and will have my three grass cutting men (boys at my age), ages 21 to 25 show up to cut the grass while we all watch drinking good ol water...........I am only 5 hours from chicago....take I-65 to I-74 to I-75, cross the Ohio river into Ky and am exit 189. See you all tomorrow, but bring your winter coats, its only going to 70.