Hello everyone...

mwojo586

Hello, my name is Mike and currently live in Eastpointe, MI. I have just found out this week that my mother has a couple of spots on her lungs. One is around 7cm and the other is around 3-4cm. I have been searching the internet like crazy trying find what these spots could be besides cancer. She is supposed to find out tomorrow is she is needed to go get a biopsy done. Any answer to what these spots could be besides cancer? She has smoked the majority of her life (she is fortyeight) and just recently found out she has emphysema and the lungs of a 70 year old. Any help or support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

God Bless,

Mike

Mike,

Hello and welcome to the boards. I don't really know the answer to your questions, because for us, we knew right away it was cancer, but I do know this...don't jump the gun!

Stay strong, and keep us posted as you know more. You have come to a wonderful place to get information, support, and strength.

Blessings,

Jen

Hi Mike, and welcome,

So sorry about the stress you are going through.

I will hope that your Moms results are Non cancerous, but, if they are... Please understand that it's not even close to a death sentence. As you can see on this board there is a wealth of information, advice and much better than that - Long Term Survivors to help you with questions and much inspiration.

Try and relax until you know what you are, or aren't dealing with.

Very best regards,

-Rod

Mike,

Sorry to hear about your mom. All cancer is treatable and there are a lot of survivors. There is new treatment every day. It's too early to tell about your mom's treatment till you get some reports, but it is not too early to start thinking about a second opinion. I would get a second opinion no matter what the first reports are. I had stage IV and Now cancer free and all I had was chemo. I went to Sloan Kettering for a second opinion.

Stay positive,

Ernie

Well we got word back from the doctor and he wants her to go in for a biopsy to see if the spots are what we fear. We did get good news back that she does not have diabetes but we are still awaiting results on other bloodwork. Thanks for the prayers everyone. I will make sure I keep you updated.

God Bless,

Mike