Avastin-Tarceva Question

Wendy

I just finished Avastin treatment #10 (done every 3 weeks) with Tarceva daily.

I am curious what side effects others are experiencing with Avastin.

I have begun to have numbness and tingling in my arms and legs similiar to neuropathy. The symptoms are not constant but intermittent. I start sweating but I am feeling chilled and my hands and feet are really cold. Many days I wake up in the am and I am cold and I feel like every muscle in my body has tensed up.

My doc associates it with the Avastin affecting the blood vessels and has decreased my dose slightly which seemed to lighten the side effects.

Has anyone heard of this or had other symptoms with this?

Wendy

I can not help except to say Keep your Onc up to date on side effects. this is Very Important to do. My wife did not make it to avastin but she did have Tarceva alone. Sorry but sending prayers for you.

Wendy,

I have been on both drugs, but not at the same time. I am currently on Avastin. I have had it every three weeks since June. I have not experienced side effects like yours. I do have neuropathy in my feet but I have had it before my diagnosis. Various chemo's have increased it, but it usually goes back to what I had before. The Avastin has increased it slightly it seems. I have a very slight rash in my hair, slight fatigue right after treatment. The Avastin has been one of the easiest chemos I have had.

Good luck with it all. John

• 2 weeks later...

My mom will have her last chemo treatment (round1) next Friday. She is on Taxol, Carboplatin and Avastin. She is experiencing many of the same symptoms that you are. She has the tingling in her feet, and her feet get really cold. She also feels very stiff the first few days after treatment, like she's 90. But it does wear off in time. About one week off, she feels back to normal self. Doc hasnt decreased the dose yet.