Husband just diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer..

tracey Welcome to the boards here. This is a link that contains some general info on Small Cell that ijust sent and still have up so click on the link for more info on this. Treatments, Metastasis, etc.

http://www.lungcancerclaims.com/smallcelllungcancer.htm

Welcome Tracey-- I could use a new friend. I am also a caregiver. I know this is hard in the beginning, devastating...but we're here to help you. Are you sure the diagnosis is small cell? Usually when they tell you it is Stage four it is non small cell lung cancer. Doesn't matter-- just let us know what you need or ask any questions.

Rochelle

Hi Tracey-My Mom was diagnosed on Wed of this past week with Small cell. I know your world is turned upside down over night. It's just surreal. My Mom lives a few blocks away but I don't want her to be alone. My step-dad (her husband) died this January will be 2 years from non small cell. She was just about now getting used to living alone and now this. Every morning I wake up I think it was a bad dream, then reality hits. I am going to be her only care taker. I have 2 small kids 8 and 4. My husband thank god only works around the corner so he can be here quickly if needed. We have an appt with Fox Chase on Monday and Univ of Penn on Wed. It's pretty discouraging what you read about it but we need to stay positive!!! There are survivors and I have to believe my Mom will be one of them. I can't loose her I am 38 and she just turned 60.

Thank God we have this site to turn to.....

Dar

Thanks for the welcome from all of you. Godfrey has non small cell Stage 4...my mistake...in all the shock...I heard the wrong thing...we just found out...it hasn't spread to other parts of the body yet...

We have 3 beautiful children...Brandon age 9, Brooke age 7 and Britney age 3...

I will keep all of you and your loved ones in my prayers as well...

Love,

Tracey Huguley

Hi Tracey,

I'm so sorry to find you here on this board, but I'm glad you found it. Being diagnosed with cancer is just devastating, but finding it at such an advanced stage really sends your world into a complete tailspin.

I was diagnosed with stage IIIb\IV back in March. I am currently on a chemo combo of carbo/taxol with avastin which has been working so far. Like your husband, my cancer has not spread to other parts of my body, just to the pleura, which is why I have the designation IIIb/IV.

My heart just breaks for you and your family that you have to go through this. We also have three young children and I know that I have to be here for them, whatever it takes. There are many treatments available to your husband, and there are people surviving this, he can too.

I'm sending you many prayers to go with you on the bumpy road ahead.

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

sorry you found the need for the site, but welcome. Cancer and how it effects and responds seems to be such an individual thing. I like being able to hear other's experiences, and the board is so helpful. It also can make you feel a little more normal - when you are going through some of the weird things cancer can bring about.

Best wishes to you and your husband.

Mary

• 5 weeks later...

Hi tracy. Sorry to hear of your husbands diagnose. But there is hope. I was diagnoed with stage 3 small cell lung cancer in August of this year. It is now November and I am feeling better. I receive radation treatment 5 days and week and chemo once a week. Tracy i think i am willing my fight because of my atttitude. I didnt wallow in sorrow that i had cancer. My attitude was what can we do about it. Half of the battle is your attitude. You will find a lot of support and inspiration at this site. I know I did. I got advice of eating when i couldnt. I got hope from others stories. Come to the site often. Hope to hear from you.

Hi Tracy,

Welcome here, but sorry you are here.

As you see we are a very supportive group of people and we all have walked in your shoes, either being the victim or caretaker.

I know how scared it is to hear a diagnosis like that. But LC is NOT a death sentence. There is much they can do for your husband.

At least you got good news already that it did not spread. That is great. Have confidence in this doctors as they know what they are doing. Attitude is half the battle with this disease, so keep a positive attitude, keep fighting and nerer give up.

We are always here for you, you are not alone in this.

Maryanne