New to Cancer and site

beat it

Nearing diagnosis of mother in law. 90% probable for lung cancer 2 spots with enlarged lymphs. All areas remain in lung and have not spread.

I am trying to research lung cancer and utilize both medical and some natural therapies. Any suggestions?

Whats the best way to find an Onocologist in a local area when its time to seek a second opinion?

Any reply is so very much appreciated!!!!!

Hi beat it and welcome,

So sorry that you and your family are facing the possibility of lung cancer. I have very little in the way of advice, but I am certain many others will be along shortly with a wealth of information to help you out. Please read around the good news forum. There are many survivors and care givers stories that will give you great inspiration, hope and information.

My very best you to you and your family,

-Rod

Hello Beat It and welcome

I am not able to offer much in the way of advice but wanted to say hello and let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Please keep us posted as you learn more about your mother in laws diagnosis and let us know how we can help.

Chris

Hello,

I'm very sorry you had to find this board, but you will be very happy you did. I also live in Minnesota and my Dad saw an Oncologist at the UofM Masonic Cancer Center. He saw Dr. Dudek, but there are a few doctors there that specialize in Lung Cancer. We were very happy with his care. Another possibility is the Mayo Clinic. We were told that the UofM is actually more advance on Lung Cancer research than the Mayo. I hopeyou hear good news and don't have to continue your research. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Denise