I am getting an abdominal ct scan today...10/18 update

Andrea

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrea,

Your life is never dull. It seems there is always something happening in your family. I am glad to hear that it probably is Lipoma. That is good news. The hard part about it is once the sucker decideds it is going to grow, they tend to grow fast. I am glad you are being proactive in getting it out. Why wait if you don't have to. Let's get r done.

Take care. You are in my prayers.

Shirleyb

I CANNOT believe that I am praying hard for FAT DENSITY, Andrea!!!! But I am. I tend to worry as you, so suggesting that you not is totally out of the question. BUT how about worrying a little less and allowing some of us to pick up the slack........remember holding each other's pork chop??? Sorry for everything you got to deal with right now...........I really am.

Kasey

Oh Andrea :(:(:( Of course, I will send (more) prayers your way. I agree with Kasey...your plate is WAY too full! We'll hold the porkchop, 'til it empties a bit.

Hoping & praying for EXCELLENT results!! Enough is enough....

((((((MANY HUGS, ANDREA))))))

Yours in HOPE!!

Stacey

Thanks everyone. I am going for a second and maybe 3rd opinion. My GP thinks a hemi-colectomy is drastic and wanted to know also why it could not be done laproscopically. The surgeon explained it yest, but Miss Pretend MD (me) was so shocked, I stopped listening yest :oops:

This just stinks :D

Andrea,

I dont know who is gonna end up in a padded room faster you because of both your parents and now your own cancer/possible cancers or me cause of my family's cancers.

I can't think we have done something so horrible for the universe to target some people so much and mean people so little.

I will send all my prayers for your negative results while I send them up to my parents for my sisters negative results as well.

Some day we will be rewarded for sure.

shelly

I am so *$#(*%(*#(%*#(%#%#( mad.

In 6/06 (scan for blood in urine) the mass was 4.6cm. Now it is 5.4cm.

I had a ct also in 1/05 (for kidney stones). Report showed nothing.

Today I picked up the 1/05 and 6/06 CDs and brought them to the imaging center that did this scan.

The mass WAS there in 2005, it was 3.1cm.

I got a bit mad, I called the facility, they are diong an addendum. I said I want to speak with a radiologist tomorrow. They watn to speak to my dr. I said there is NO doctor in charge of this. It is ME deciding waht surgeon and I am NOT an idiot, I can read when something says increase in size :)

Oy gevalt!

The report says Lipoma is likely. A lipoma is NOT cancer. But the surgeon said a lipoma of that size in that area is rare. A liposarcoma (cancer) is also rare, but it could be a liposarcoma. Plus it is growing rather fast. Of course that is just one surgeon, I am giong to see another.

I am just soooo mad.

My dad is SO cute, we must be annoying the new imaging center :) We keep calling. It was a fiasco getting the old scans to them. Now my dad wants to know exactly what the radiologist thinks about possibility of cancer, so he is calling :) It has been like 20 minutes and he has not called back yet.

Andrea,

Prayers for you and your family.

In 2005 at 3.1cm it may have been small

enoug to be excised through a colotomy or

by endoscopic removal.

Now, you will have to find out what is

the best for you, second opinion could

be a good option.

Don't forget those that never took action

in 2005.

xoxo

Jackie

Andrea,

I am so sorry you have all this to worry about. When I read of all you have gone through , I just find myself at a loss for words. The one thing that comes to my mind in your case and so many others is that nagging anxiety and then having to hurry up and wait. The waiting is torture and just unhealthy and unbearable. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I'm praying that it's nothing.

Love,

Sue

I can't believe your post. Sorry I missed it earlier. I havn't looking at too many posts lately as I have been busy with Joel in the hospital.

But when I read this I said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH already. I mean you really, really need a break. It has just been one thing after another.

Thank G-d it is not the C....

Keeping you close in my prayers...

Maryanne

Andrea,

This whole thing just sucks. I am so sorry that you and your wonderful parents are going through all of this. Prayers that it turns out to be nothing and that they can biopsy some way. Is it in the colon proper? Is it possible to get at it with a colonoscopy?

Nina

Andrea,

I HIGHLY reccomend you make an appointment with a Gynecologic oncologist. They have experience in dealing with this sort of thing and usually see people when there is any chance of cancer. PLEASE consider doing this.

I am so sorry you are going through this. You will be firmly in my prayers.

I saw the surgeon my mom's onc said to see :) My dad called the onc to see if he had an opinion, could look at films, etc.

This surgeon needs to review the films more. It is confusing b/c the radiologists call it a lipoma, which is not cancer, and for them to commit to a

diagnosis is a big thing. But it is growing at a nice pace, so that makes him a little nervous.

I may get a PET scan. The surgeon will call onc to see if this possible type of cancer is likely to show up on PETs. If it is not, like BAC does not always show up, then you are stuck as what to do.

It is unknown at this time whether I will undergo surgery right away or wait. I should hear more tomorrow he said.

It is a big surgery to remove half of my colon literally. So he wants to be more cautious. I am cancelling things with the first surgeon b/c I worship my mom's onc.

Andrea,

So glad that you are listening to the doctor that you trust and not rushing into what appears to be a majory surgery and will no doubt have a lasting impact on the way you live. Is there any way you can get a PET scan (even if they don't think this will show up?)- as we have discussed previously it would rule out a lot of things and just act as a mind reliever -- which is priceless at this point I'd say. Would also be a great baseline test should you need anything related to this in the future. Just some thoughts.

I'll be thinking of you and wishing/praying for only good news!

Cindy

Well the surgeon called me today. He said "are you free to talk?". I said "sure". I was in the middle of Nordstrom's, what better place to get news ;)

He said I am a difficult case b/c the mass looks like a lipoma, but it is growing much faster than a lipoma, so he thinks it is best to get it out. A PET won't do much good b/c if it is inconclusive, we still don't know. Getting it out involves chopping half of my colon out, there is no other way.

He is going to review my colonoscopy footage from Jan which supposedly was clean. This could be on the outside wall.

I go back to him on Wed and we will talk further. Surgery probably would not be for another month.

In the meanwhile, I only wear jeans on the weekend. I had no sweatsuits or anything, so my mom bought me 4 sweatsuits (they are in style now anyway) and two pairs of sweat t ype pants to wear around the house for recovery. Recovery at home is a full month.

Andrea, is this your 2nd opinion, or the 3rd? Are you still getting opinions? Is at least one of them from a university hospital? (I'm sure you've got it covered!) I just can't believe this is happening -- It's just TOO MUCH! Please let me know if I can do anything for you - and call if you run out of people to vent to. I'll hold the phone far from my ear and just let you yell until you want to stop. I know I can't do much, but I can listen! I'm just so sorry your family has SO much to deal with right now, and hope things get better and less scary for all of you soon.

Hugs & prayers,

BeckyCW