Still here guys

Marlon

Hi guys,

I'm still around but I don't check the boards everyday anymore. I've had to take it easy and pretty much let go because I was giving myself health problems. For months, I had some abdominal discomfort that only recently was finally diagnosed as an ulcer via endoscopy. I was getting paranoid and had lots of tests done, in which they found nothing. Also, for a while I was having problems moving my bowels. My sister and I are in our own apartment now and my mom and stepdad are in theirs. My mom comes over almost every other day, but if I never saw my stepdad again, I wouldn't care.

Mom is doing good as far as I can tell. No breathing problems, although she has developed a cough recently. She has a CT scan coming up end of this month, maybe around my birthday. I've learned to take it easy from now on. I can no longer stress myself out being a caregiver, and trying to shift my mom's decisions, no matter how senseless they sometimes are. Strangely enough I have noticed that since I don't live with my parents anymore, I've been sleeping like a baby. It's a very nice apartment; it's practically brand new and all the appliances including washer/dryer are in the apartment. All things being equal, I'd still rather have a house though.

On that note, I have twice hit 4/5 on the little lotto here in 2 months.

Marlon-

So very glad to see that you are "still around". :lol: I hope you are taking care of that ulcer - how do they treat that? Sounds like your apartment is great and I am happy to hear that you and your sister are setting in just fine. Sleeping like a baby is great, don't you think??

Will keep your mom in my prayers for her upcoming scans - please keep us posted. Take care of yourself -

Terrie

P.S. Don't think I ever met a lotto winner before!!

Hey Marlon,

I am so glad you posted. I was wondering about you and your mom. You were in such a bad state last time you posted with your problems with step dad etc. I wondered how you were doing. You were such a help to everyone on here, please pop in more oftern. You been missed. :cry:

Hello Marlon;

So very glad to hear from you again. :) Glad your doing better and things are kinda working their way out. In so many ways we just have to learn how to accept life on life's terms and not ours. Certainly, easier said than done. Ry's right, we miss ya, try to stop by more often.

God bless and stay well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB-left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life "