My dad's story

My dad had a busy summer. Finally after years he was building the pool he wanted, complete with an aqua shield dome over it so he can use it all year long.

Just for fun, he had a yearly chest xray in June, all was clear (or so we thought, turns out they missed a spot, oops).

In August, I was on bed rest after in-vitro. My dad was watching Channel 5 news and saw a segment on a non-surgical approach to enlarged prostate issues. He decided to see a new urologist.

As part of work up, the urologist ordered a pelvic and abdominal ct-scan.

Unexpectedly, a lung infiltrate showed up on the left lower lobe. My dad couldn't have lung cancer, that was my mom's job! He was her caretaker.

Things moved fast since we already had a medical team in place from my mom. Yup, my dad has lung cancer. :shock: Shock can't even describe it.

He underwent a wedge resection. Now he has lots of little nodules in his lung, and one in his brain that we are watching and waiting.

My dad feels fine. To be honest, we sometimes forget he has lung cancer too :) I am sure reality will sink in sometime. It always does.

And to answer the unasked, he quit smoking 30 years ago.