Got grief from Andrea-Update 10/25

ginnyde

I met with a breast (can we use this word Rick) surgeon last week to review my mammo. There are what looks like calcium deposits, but the mammo had to be magnified and I had to use a huge magnifying glass, so they are small.

Dr. said that 90% of the time they are nothing but..... So next Monday I am going for a stereotactic biopsy. He also said that by any chance it is more than just calcium deposits, since it has be dx'd so early that it should be not a huge deal (not exactly his words, but close enough). Diagnosed early because I do get a mammo every year without fail. If we only had this easy a test for lc.

My trip - ooh la la. 3 days in Paris, my favorite city in the world. Went to: Musee D'Orsay, L'Orangerie, Eifel Tower, Giverney and spent the rest of the time eating. Then off to the riverboat. Boarded at Chalone, stopped at Tournon, Viviers, Avignon, Arles, Aix en Provence and finally Nice. France is beautiful, the food is amazing and the wine wonderful. Interesting that they had a blight on their grape crop and most of their current vines are from California. I was traveling with 12 of my friends, but met terrific people on the riverboat and just had a memorable time. Will get a new picture soon.

Sounds like a great trip! I'm still fearful of being too far from my doctors. Everything that pops up is so unexpected...and then I get very nervous and couldn't enjoy myself.

I hope at some point to be in a different frame of mind...and not be on weekly chemo.

mary

Welcome back! Sound like you guys had a ball. Little jealous here... :wink:

I know all will come out well with your tests but I know it is still a stressful situation.

Hang in there, prayers sent for good results.

Maryanne :wink:

Welcome home, my friend! So very glad that you had a wonderful time. I'll be saying a prayer that all goes well with your tests. I know how nervous these little things can make us.

Thank you for asking Andrea. I had a stereotactic biopsy on Monday at the Abington Hospital Breast Center. I mention the name of the hospital because this procedure was done in a professional and very caring way - I was duly impressed (although the radiologist was a drop dead gorgeous lady that looked like she was 12 years old).

No results until 11/2. But the radiologist said it looked fine to her. So I am in 'no worry' mode and living my life like always - busy, busy, busy.

I will let you know what the surgeon has to say.

Just a reminder - GET A MAMMOGRAM EVERY YEAR. Wish we had the same easy technology for lc.