Stage 4 NSCLC

beat it

Any one with a survivor story?

Got a decent doctor (onc) with Great bedside manner. States this is Un-curable, though. Statisticly speaking.

Any body dispute it?

We're OK, understanding well I think. Still thinking positive if even for better quality of days remaining.

Anyway............stage 4 what your thoughts?

Beat it!!

My doctor told me from the get go was not operable, curable or survivable which research bares that out. I asked her if she ever treated anyone successfully with Stage IV Lung Cancer or knew of anyone who had she said no. She also said she would do everything humanly possible to help me and sent me anywhere she thought was best for me. I took that and ran with it. Said from day one going to beat it, still say it. Yes I have my moments but they are few and far in between. I focus on what I can do, not what I can't do. I focus on living not dying. It's all about attitude and how one looks at it. And reading my profile I would say I'm a survivor with more then just lung cancer. Hopes this helps.

PS: I'm also just 7 months from 5 years.

Dear beat it:

There are quite a number of NSCLC Stage IV survivors in the group. Go to Search, enter Stage IV in the top box, change "Display results as" from Topics to Posts, change "Return first" from 200 to 1000 characters, hit Search, and you'll get a large number of message excerpts displayed. If you want to see the whole thread, right-click the Subject to open in a new window or tab. You'll find many who have survived, or more accurately, are surviving.

One day when I had nothing better to do I posted a long message called Thoughts on "inoperable, incurable" in the LC SURVIVORS forum. You might want to check that out -- I suspect your approach is similar to mine. But, I'm just a newbie at this, diagnosed in September, now in the middle of my first chemo cycle.

Aloha.