Volunteers needed for chat

KatieB

Connie B has brought up in a post here the possibility of a survivors chat. Since Connie has been away due to medical problems, I am again raising this possibility to see if any would be interested in a SURVIVORS Chat night and if there were any takers on being a moderator.

You don't have to be a moderator consistently, you can do it once or twice a month or just one time. BUt it does need to be held on the same day.

Those of you who are interested in a SURVIVORS chat, would it be better to do it on a weekend night (SAT or SUN) or during the week like Mon, Wed, or Thurs.?

Let me here your ideas!!

I will set it for Wednesdays then.

Survivor's Chat

8PM Eastern

7PM Central

5PM Pacific.

I'll post a reminder weekly and until we get a moderator it will be anarchy...LOL. Just kidding.

LOL carol! You should see me on a regular day- do nothing to it and pony tail all the way.

My hair actually grows really fast. I've cut 12 inches off of it TWICE in the past 3 years and donated it to Locks for Love twice already.

Last time I cut it short was last Oct. I'm probably about due to do it again one of these days.

Great Idea Katie. I will be happy to help with being a moderator if maybe someone else would join me in doing it. I don't think I could commit to it every week but I could if a couple others would lend a helping hand. It'll be a few weeks before I will feel up to doing it though.

I'm not sure what Becky means about having an OPEN Chat night. I guess I thought anyone could go to chat anytime they wanted to, making that an open chat? Maybe I misunderstand that.

I think it's a nice idea to be able to chat from one lung cancer survivor to another allowing us to compare notes with one another. It may be helpful to those that might want to chat with another lc survivor hoping to get answers right away and knowing there is a day and time set for it. Kind of like the widows chat time.

I know we have several Lung Cancer Survivors on the board, :wink: and I hope a couple of you would be so kind as to offer a little of your time to help.

Connie,

I think having a general "time" and no given host/hostess would be a good thing. Anyone can use chat at any time, same as ever.

Personally, I will answer questions that anyone has on treatment, etc., but I don't go to chat to seek out other LC patients and compare war stories. The best chats I've ever been involved in were with a bunch of goofy guys, some chick from Oklahoma, and a random cast of other characters just pullin' up a rocker on the front porch and shooting the breeze.

It's nice to be able to just "talk" with old friends...

I see what your saying Snowflake. Then maybe we need to see what the members want. This Chat Group is being offered to the Lung Cancer Survivors under the "Lung Cancer Survivors Forum"

Do you want to take this and pass it over to the Gerenal forum and make it an Open Forum all for everyone to partake?

AND we could still just do a Lung Cancer Survivirs forum having only those that are dx.d with lung cancer on that forum only.

I guess we'll have to see what the majority wants on this.

My plan was going to be offered only to the Lung Cancer Survivors. Offering a Chat time for those that are and were dx.d with lung cancer.

Hugs,

Connie

That was the original plan. We already have a general open chat on Tuesdays where folks talk about everything and the sun.

On Wednesdays, it will be a Survivors Chat. Discussions can be about survivorship or where ever the discussion leads to- just like Tuesdays.

I do need to arrange moderators on these "scheduled" chats where several members will attend at one time. It helps to have someone start it off, and to remind me to remind everyone on that particular day and also to stop inappropriate guests who advertise or abuse the chat or abuse other members.

The chat is available without a moderator (except for Tues & Wed.) 24 hours a day for anyone who wishes to use it- just ask a member to meet there and anyone can carry on a "live" one on one chat!

"Jyoung20"]Sounds great!!!! You guys are the best!!!

So, does that mean you'll help out as a Moderater with us? :D:D I think this will be a great chat group for those that are interested in doing it this way.

Becky, I totally get it that not everything is for everyone. I'm glad you enjoy the General Chat on Tuesdays with RandyW. It's important to be where you feel most comfortable. I'm sure a lot of the LC Survivors will find great comfort and some good conversation and of course FUN added to the LC Surviviors Chat night. :D:wink:

Hey Joannie,

Can we start this next Wednesday? I just had an Angioplasty done on Thursday and I'm not feeling up to par just yet. It's a little hard to sit for long periods of time for me right now, but next week I should be feeling much better! Is that okay with everyone?

If anyone needs to chat tonight, just post a message on the Survivors Board asking the LC Survivors to come chat with them and maybe mention what time you'll be in the chat room. That's always an option. IF anyone is ever in need of help or looking for support ASAP, you can always post a message to the Message Board asking people to join you in the chat room. Just keep in mind it will depend on who's on line at the time as to who will join you in the chat room on your request.

I hope next week will work out for everyone. Your more then welcome to give it a try tonight. I just can't promise I'll be there!

Hugs to All,

Connie

I received the email saying that the chat is on, so I will be there at 8pm to see if anybody shows up.

Connie, maybe we can practice having the Survivors' Chat this week and next week, when you are feeling good, you can take over and moderate the chat room.

Hugs to you, hope you are feeling better real soon!!

Pam in FL

:D

We had a great time in the chat room last night! I was there from 8-10 pm EST and at least 10 members stopped by.

Thank you to everyone for dropping in the chat room and sharing your stories and good news. I am looking forward to "seeing" everyone again next week!

Thanks Katie for setting this up!!

Gratefully,

Pam in FL

I am SO GLAD to hear it went well for the first night. :D:D I'm only sorry I wasn't able to be there. I was not feeling very well and right now I'm going on no sleep from yesterday for some odd reason. :?:shock::roll: My body just isn't catching up as fast as I would like it too.

But, non the less, I am SOOOO GLAD to hear 10 LC Survivors were in the chat room last night. I have high hopes that this will be a wonderful tool for all the LC Survivors.

Hugs to All,

Connie