ielcap.org

Nick C

Went to the 15th conference for the Early Lung Cancer Action Program.

Go to the website to see all they do, I will not go into detail as they asked us not to speak about a few things until the New England Journal of Medicine comes out Thurs...but following that I will go into details about what I learned.

But to summarize some generalities:

There were many doctors trying to change the way at risk individuals are screened for Lung Cancer.

The research is amazing.

We heard from speakers who advocate for the approach I-ELCAP is working toward. They were from the Lung Cancer Aliance, the Flight Attendants who have been affected and of course the doctors doing the research.

There is unfortunately a lot of Beaurocracy which keeps what they are working toward from becoming the standard protocol. I'll detail this later too.

But I will respect the details of the meeting and wait to post more thoughts. But in advance of my posting late this week, PLEASE go to www.ielcap.org.

Take a look.

It's exciting stuff, and if this can get a foothold it may not STOP lung cancer, but more people will LIVE.

I wish Mom were there.

I will post details soon.