Update on my Dad

Sheri

Today we went for scan results. No evidence of supraclavicular lymph node enlargement suggesting response to chemotherapy. A sub cm lung lesion shows no change suggesting it to be either quiescent neoplasm or a neoplasm that has responded to therapy. In laymans terms, he's reponding really well to chemo! No progression, liver, spleen, adrenals all clean.

When the recurrence was discovered the Doctor told my Dad that second line treatment would be for palliative purposes only. Today the nurse said she wanted to lower my Dad's cisplatin dose because it could cause loss of hearing and that would affect his "quality" of life. Without a thoughts notice, I blurted out: "We aren't interested in his quality of life. Our goal is a second remission and we don't care how miserable he is!" :shock::roll: So there you have it.

"Don Wood"]I think your dad cares how miserable he is.

Don, I was kidding of course. If there was an "insert foot in mouth" smilely, I would have used it. My Dad is a trooper, has been feeling fine, bald but has no complaints and wants to stick around even if it does mean he has to wear hearing aids!

Well wishes to you and I hope you're holding up as well as possible.

"Sheri" Without a thoughts notice, I blurted out: "We aren't interested in his quality of life. Our goal is a second remission and we don't care how miserable he is!" :shock::roll: So there you have it.

Aaaahhh, a kindred soul!! My son tells me that "pit bull" is a good description of how I handle my husband's treatment. Good for you Sheri and soooo glad to hear good news for your Dad.

Welthy

reminds me of when Mom was in hospital with heart attack. Through the angiogram/plasty her femoral artery failed and her leg was turning gangrenous. While she was intubated, the Doctor that she had to choose either to lose her leg or risk losing her life.

She wrote: Life first

Leg second

Shampoo third