aaaargh im so sick of cancer

i know alot of you have been dealing with this for way longer than my family and i and honestly you are my heros. it seems as if i am surrounded by cancer everywhere i go. I work in a pharmacy and it seems like so many of my patients are bringing in scripts to counter the effects of chemo. Yesterday i had to call an ins. to find out why they would not pay for chemo meds for one of my regular customers.. i had to go to the ladies room when i was done cuz i was crying(again), infomercials about ways to prevent cancer, movies about cancer etc. etc.etc. I have never really had to deal with anything like this before and sometimes i wonder if i will be able to make it. My husband says im a rock but i feel more like a marshmallow. ARRRRRGH

we do the same thing as you do. go inside and cry, scream, yell, I throw eggs in backyard at trees. THen we put on our game face and be strong for a while and then when we need to we repeat the cycle. Well I do anyway.

When I was in active treatment it seemd that every movie I watched and every book I read had someone battling some form of cancer. Maybe it was always there and I just never realized it until I was personally involved. Last night I flipped to a local news channel to catch the weather and there was the anchorwoman talking about lung cancer. It was a double edged sword because she was pointing out the fact that more people die of lung cancer than breast cancer, prostate cancer and colon cancer combined. This is information that folks need to know BUT in the next breath she stated that six out of ten lung cancer patients do not survive for one year. I could have gone forever and not heard that come out of here mouth. It did make me remember why I only watch the weather and try to avoid the news cast. I can say one thing the waiting and watching is far harder on me than the active treatment seemd to be.

I think I heard that same news story on Good Morning America today, It is everywhere you go( or maybe i just notice it more now). My friend got married 2 weeks ago and i was looking at her photos and i was just cryin and cryin and cryin. It seems even the happy stuff makes me cry these days. Her mom is going thru radiation for stage 0 breast cancer so she kinda knows how i feel. I am trying to stay positive and plan the holidays but im not sure if my mom will be around. Its crazy to think that i am 42 years old with 3 adult children and 1 teenager and 1 grandson and im not sure if I can have a holiday without my mom. I dont know how to live without a mother. Sure she can be a pain in the butt sometimes but i love her so much. I dont know how dad will handle things and thats a whole other issue. Well im off to visit her (still in the hospital) and i hope she is having a good day.

Crystal, on holidays I get what you are saying...this will be a wierd one.

On the fact that it is everywhere. It is sad, and everytime I hear the word cancer, I will think of mom, but all the more reason we need to throw our resources behind this and get it detected, treated and cured!

Crystal

I think what you are experiencing is pretty much normal for everyone and anyone touched in any way by this disease. I know personally, until last September, lung cancer was something that only effected other people, surely not ME or my friends and family. I know, that was wayyyyyyy too naive!

From the point of hearing the initial diagnosis until present day, I see and hear so much about cancer, everywhere. I know so many people who are battling one form of it or another, have recently lost another very, very close family friend to it, and it seems to be just everywhere.

My line of thinking is we are or were all naive about the realities of the sheer numbers of people this disease touches. Until we are personally faced with having first hand knowledge I guess we can pretty much shove the concept to the back of our minds and live blissfully unaware. I wish so much we could all achieve that again with the eradication of this disease.

Okay, my sincere apologies for having ranted probably a bit too much. What I say is said with nothing but the best of intentions.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and send you tons of positive thoughts.

Keep us posted, we are here for you.

Chris