NED

bobmc

Hello all:

Feels good to post here, saw my Onc. today and the news was NED - 2 years and 4 months now. WOW, has life changed. :shock:

With all the rough stuff thats been happening to others on the boards it's kinda of bittersweet in a way but still good to be a SURVIVOR today! :)

I did manage to get the lecture about listening to my body and not overdoing it. Something about, 36 holes of golf in 1-day on Hilton Head Island and having only 1-lung might be causing some of the soreness in my shoulder. :shock: Had to agree. He's a good thorough doc. Asked, him about the CEA reading and tumor markers and his response was with cancer you have to use all the indicators you can and since one cancer cell can be hidden and show up at a later time you must be watched very closely. Very comforting! :)

Anyway, all is well, go back in Jan. for the battery of scans again and more good news - God willing :)

Bless you all and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stage IIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Bob,

What great news!!! :) I'm so glad that you and others stick around these boards...you are a power of example to me!! The fact that you are here and healthy is such a great gift to not just yourself but to the rest of us!!!

Debi

47 years old

Stage 1A-nsclc

Surgery June 16, 2003 - upper & mid lobe removed

I am SO SO happy for you. Keep it up and keep being an inspiration to so many here! (((HUGS))) GIANT (((HUGS)))

:lol:

KatieB

Director of Forum Moderators/Legal Affairs.

In memory of Jessee Dewey, SCLC

September 6, 2003

What wonderful new! :D:D:D I, too have been a survivor for 2 years and 1 month. I was staged at IIB as well. I feel so fortunate and yet, like you, so sorry that more of us aren't able to celebrate yet. I say "yet" because I still believe that we have a chance.

Anyway, relax now, enjoy and celebrate!

CathyR