That time of year

Patkid

I feel deeply reading your post and remember what a great sense of humor Brian had. I can picture him loving Halloween, it's a fun time for the child in all of us. And I still remember fondly how he called me Spunky - I loved that. Please try and remember your good times together - very hard, but I've found that helps when we loose a loved one. I firmly believe they remain with us in spirit and would want us to go on as best as we can. Remember too, we're all here for you, always. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Joanie ((()))

Dear Pat I know how terribly hard this is for you. Facing the first aniversry of your Brian's death during the holidays. I know what it is like to envy those who still have a life and feel like somehow life has it in for you and nothing will ever go right again. Been there, done that.

It does get a little better after time passes. It doesn't go away. I guess I can discribe it like a problem I developed about 15 years ago.

I had a terrible ringing in my ears. By the time I was diagnosed with TMJ the nerves had been damaged and it was irreversable. I thought I would lose my mind it was so loud and I could get no peace. Over time I got used to it. My ears didn't stop ringing but I learned to live with it. It's always there just like the pain of losing Johnny is. Most of the time it is hardly noticeable but there are times late at night when all is quiet that I know nothing will ever be the same. My ears will always ring and my heart will always ache.

Your heart will always ache when you think of Brian. You will remember the bad times and that will hurt and the good memories will hurt too but the pain becomes so much a part of you that most of the time you don't even realize it is still there.

I wish you well and I pray for your son's full recovery. May God bless you and keep you always in His embrace. Lillian