Sign in to follow this  
KatieB

Song for all of you...

I hope this works. Jan (jang) and I got to see these guys play this song live in Austin. It is an amazing song about survivorship. It was the grand finale to the 3-day LiveSTRONG summit and as they played this for us live, we were all in tears.

or this one

http://www.livestrong.org/site/apps/nl/ ... ct=3214571

Lyrics:

Maybe Tonight, Maybe Tomorrow Lyrics

I heard the news today. It came out of nowhere.

I wish I could run away,

but where would I go?

Is this my destiny? Something so unfair... What will become of me?

God only knows.

And they say the road to heaven might lead us back through hell.

Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, we will win this fight and bury this sorrow.

We're so alive, still holding on, not ready to die, so we LIVESTRONG.

My pride is left for dead, as my world gets shaken.

The thoughts inside my head are so hard to control.

I am staring down the unknown, but one thing is certain.

You could break my body, but you will never break my soul.

And they say the road to heaven might leads us back through hell, but we're holding on for more

than stories to tell.

Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, we will win this fight and bury this sorrow.

We're so alive, still holding on, not ready to die, so we LIVESTRONG.

Tears are flowing. My world is shaken indeed. But I will go on. Today -- tomorrow. I have worn the yellow Livestrong bracelet all four years Lucie was fighting LC and I will continue to do so for a time. Maybe today -- maybe tomorrow -- the pain will lessen. Don

I haven't been able to get this song out of my head from the moment I heard the band sing it.

It's been out since May- it's debut was at the LiveSTRONG Gala held then. This band has a dear friend who was dx. with cancer, and this song was written for him and given to LAF.

The band came and played it live for us all at the LiveSTRONG summit during closing ceremonies yesterday afternoon and there wasn't a dry eye.

It was awesome. I thought of each and every one of you and wished you were with me.

I listened to the song. It helped me feel some empathy for the people who have suffered a lot more than me from this disease. I think many others here have suffered a lot more than me... but if you add up all the stuff I have gone through in the last 3 years, it looks like a lot. I am still alive and living.

Thanks Katie

Don M

Thank you so much I didn't even think to do that!!

I'm going to change the url to the utube url.

Sorry it has taken me a while to post. I just got home last night, and then with Halloween, I've been a little busy. It was GREAT getting to finally meet Katie. We had such a great time and met so many great people. (And don't believe everything she says about me) :-) The whole summit was very inspirational. There were a lot of tears, but also a lot of promise. To see hundreds of other people there fighting for the same thing that we are fighting for was amazing. I can't wait to get started. I've already started writing to all the media in my local area about LC Awareness month. I want to see some publicity.

I will post a link to my pictures as soon I can figure it out! :D (And Katie I promised not to post any pictures that might embarrass us) :shock:

This song dedicated to Cancer Survivors just won the international songwriting competition for best song!!!

Scott Ledger sends his thanks to everyone who voted and to everyone who has helped this song in it's mission to inspire and raise awareness!!

Congratulations to Scott and Wideawake!!!!

2007 GRAND PRIZE WINNER

INTERNATIONAL SONGWRITING COMPETITION

Maybe Tonight, Maybe Tomorrow

Scott Leger

Austin, TX, USA

Upon learning of a friend’s cancer diagnosis,

Scott wrote this song both as a personal coping mechanism and

as a way to honor cancer survivors across the world.

According to Leger, the song is dedicated not only to his friend

but also to the millions of people affected by cancer.

His hope is that the song will encourage people everywhere

to live life to its fullest,

whether they are dealing with cancer or any other challenge.

The song was debuted at the

Lance Armstrong Foundation Gala

in front of a room full of VIP's

including former President Bill Clinton.

In addition to its lyrical content,

the song's memorable chorus and strong pop sensibility

resonated with the ISC judges,

culminating in it being awarded this year's Grand Prize.

Wow!, I log on every day ------How did I miss this post! So glad I finally found it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Donna G

Katie,

Just checked in after a long time absent - hadn't heard the song before. Still wearing my livestrong bracelet for Ada - going on four years since she has been gone. Hope all is well with you.

Jim

Have been eyeballing this topic for a couple of days. I finally went in today and read the post but didn't copy the link and listen to the song. Hope it stays on the site for awhile because I'll get to it. It's just that I finally stopped crying (again) a couple of days ago. I feel good and am not ready to go there yet.

Judy in Key West