miscarriage

mitzu

Mitzu - I am so sorry! I know this is a tough time for you. I can say I've been there myself. The first time I was pregnant I had a miscarriage myself. It was hard. 11 months later I gave birth to a baby girl. She came a month early so we were not really prepared. She was also born with a cleft lip. My stepgrandmother (only grandmother I had ever known) also passed away a few days after my daughters birth. I remember one of those early days where I was grieving for the loss of my grandmother, probably a bit postpartum depression as well, and I just wondered why God could not let me have the first baby I was pregnant with and instead I ended up with a baby with a birth defect. I had myself a good cry then realized maybe I was better off, and perhaps God was on my side. Maybe the first baby I was pregnant with would have been born with more problems than the precious baby God had just given me. We did have to go through a couple surgeries but my daughters cleft lip was minor compared to some we have seen.

Sorry I began to ramble. You will be a mother someday. And though the pain in your heart is overwhelming right now, the day will come when it will be a distant memory.

Karen

Oh Mitzu, I'm so sorry. Unfortunately I was there once, twelve years ago. The part that stuck with me most was how much I loved that little baby, even though I only carried it for twelve weeks. Almost one year to the day I went on to have a beautiful baby girl.

Please take the time to grieve for your baby. From the moment you find out you're pregnant you love the baby. When you experience a miscarriage you experience a death, and that loss needs to be grieved over like any other.

You will get past it, and you will go on to have a beautiful little baby.

Prayers for you.

Tracy

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had 2 tubal pregnancies before being blessed with twins (IVF). And as much as the tubals hurt (physically and emotionally), I realize had that not happened, I would not have had my precious sons that I have now.

Take care and I look forward to better news from you in the near future!

I am so sorry for your loss. Yes, I can relate. I had 2 miscarriages after having my son but keep hope, I am posting a pic of my new baby girl. It is a difficult and painful loss, take time to mourn. Just know that better days are ahead. I know that when the doctor placed my new daughter in my arms I knew that this was the angel that God wanted me to have. I think of my two miscarried babies as angels that for some reason I was meant to carry if just for a little while. Take care of yourself.

My fourth pregnancy ended in a miscarriage and of course, i had to have the DNC. Although I had had 3 children already, it was still very tough and I went into a bit of a depression. Got pregnant a few months later and 4th child is 20 years old now. ((I've heard it said that a DNC really cleans you out and for some reason, achieving a pregnancy is a bit easier after one -- don't know if this is a wives' tale or not but it worked for me since it usually took me a year plus to get pregnant.

I'm so sorry for you but hang in there.

gail p-m

Mitzu, you really are not alone as it seems many women have miscarriages with their first. I don't know why this happens but it happens ALOT!!

That doesn't make it any easier. I am so sorry as I know how excited you were.

Maryanne :cry: