Fay A. and her eggs...

KatieB

To the "seasoned" members of LCSC

I just read a post on here about grief's gifts or something like that and couldn't help be reminded of the time when someone posted about getting cancer was like a "gift" and Fay A. posted back and basically "spanked" us all with her insight into what it was like to be the cancer patient and that she didn't need any gifts like that thank you!? 8) She was a fire cracker and one of the strongest women I've ever known. When Fay called me, I knew it would be a 2 hour conversation and a "let me tell you how it needs to be..." conversation. hehe...

She was my friend.

I miss her.

faya.jpg

It is so weird you posted this...yesterday I was looking at the eggs Fay painted and thinking of her. They really are amazing with the detail she put into them. I think of her a lot. I remember the last thing she said to me when we talked on the phone-- she said she truly believed that there would be a cure found for lung cancer soon-- in our lifetime. I hope she's right.

I also have some of Fay's eggs, on display in my china hutch and see them every time I walk out the door. I miss the hours-long chats on the phone, the cards and just the "being" of knowing she was out there, on guard on the Left Coast - and now she's not. She was someone I bounced ideas off, and a strong voice of reason.

I miss her much the same as the sky in Montana - endless and deep blue. I know she's painting the crocus on the snow this coming spring, she's gifted like that...

...and oh, she was right, it is NO GIFT. Return to sender...

I didn't know her quite as well as some of you, but I have been missing her a lot too. There was just nothing like her wisdom and stick-it-to-emness. I lost a bunch of PMs a while back due to my own stupidity trying to save them, and the ones that I cried most over losing were Fay's. She inspired me... and put me on a mission. I miss her too.

Don,

when Fay e-mailed me and asked me to finally post her picture (after a couple of YEARS of being here) I broke down...and I knew why......

Usually she would have me post pictures of chickens or her handpainted eggs.....

Remember that one picture of her during Christmas? SHe was facing her fireplace mantle and all we saw of her in the picture was the back of her bald perfectly round head.

Oh...I'm sorry guys...I go thru this sometimes.

I wish I knew Fay as well as everybody. But i did not know her that well. I do miss her though. Prayers for everyone tonite and Many big WARM Blankets far all of you.

Fay was a spunky, smart, genuine woman who truly cared about people, and I'm honored to have known her -- as I'm honored to know many of you. I think of her often when I light candles, and it makes me mad that we've lost her. Her and so many other special, incredible people.

BeckyCW

I won't forget Fay. She died 2 days before Mike and we had exchanged a few emails. Here are a few words from her last to me... I won't forget them..

This does not have to be a "fearful" think, Sue. Make no mistake. I DO NOT WANT TO DIE NOW! But I am not afraid, because HE is with me.

Love,

Fay A.

Fay held a special place in my heart and I always looked for her posts. She was such a giver and I was inspired on many occasions by her.

Sue

Well, dang it Katie, now you've made me cry! I also miss her. She was intelligent and did not tolerate nonsense: two qualities I respect in people. I remember the bald-headed picture. I also remember the strangeness of asking her to be sure someone posts here to tell us when she dies. She already had that one figured out, of course. Always ahead of the curve. Fay, wonderful woman, we miss you. Eternal rest to you, my friend. - Teresa

Thank you Katie for posting this. I too miss our wonderful friend Fay. Fay & I had lots of good heart to heart talks and lots of humor to go with them. I too Miss My Friend Fay. She has been on my mind a lot latly. I can't believe come Feb., she will have been gone from us for one year. :cry::cry: I have her picture sitting right here on my desk. I love her sprakling eyes and her warm loving smile.

There have been so many times I thought to myself, Oh, I have to give Fay a call. :(

She was a ROCK and she said it like it was, with a heart that was bigger then this earth. She was a Class Act and a Wonderful Woman, Friend, Wife, Mother, Sister, & Daughter. She gave so much and asked for so little.

I KNOW Fay is watching over all of us.

I love you Fay, and I miss you. Until we meet again my friend. ((((FAY)))))

Fay was small in stature and extemely strong in will and smarts. Fay was the mother of my children, wife, lover, and best friend until the end. Her passing on left an emptiness in my life that I am having a hard time dealing with. Thank you so very much LCSC for your prayers and kindest words and god bless you Mr. Don Wood.

Bob Aguilar