Getting to Know You - November 7

Ann

Most people where I live vote absentee. I sent my vote in about a week and a half ago. It is great that in California you are sent a book weeks ahead of time to study all of the candidates and propositions so you can understand a little of what you are voting on. Makes it quicker to vote too with so many things on the ballot.

Please everyone vote no matter what your political ties are. If you don't vote you don't have the right to B&&^%$* about anything :!:

I voted this morning before coming to work. Unfortunately, it's going to be raining most of the day here in Florida and I hope that doesn't keep people from going to the polls today. There are a lot of important offices being filled and I hope people get out and vote. Like I have always said...don't vote....don't complain!!!!

2 years ago on election day Fred and I were in NYC getting a second opinion at Sloane-Kettering. We did make it home in time to vote and Fred, in fact, went right up the street to the church where we vote and did his civic duty.

I am ASHAMED to admit I did not vote that day. I figured I would not be around anyway so I didn't have much interest in who the president would be. To ALL of you who are afraid to plan for the future............I AM STILL HERE and had no say in who would become our president. Today I will walk up the street to that church with Fred and vote on EVERY issue for EVERY candidate whom I have researched.

I am lucky to be an American, I am lucky to be alive, I am lucky to among all of you!

Now......get out there and VOTE!

Kasey

Oh, I'll be there with bells on my toes. Four years ago, around the beginning of November, I had to go to Florida, my grandpa was in the hospital and wasn't expected to make it. Not only did I not make it to Florida to see my grandpa in time, I came back to a new governor that has subsequently cost me bunches of money. I kicked myself in the arse for a long time.

So I'm leaving work early to make sure I get to the polls and have time to vote before my daughters bball game! As a side note, is it raining everywhere in the US?

Yes, I voted and I think it's important to do so. We live in Florida. We're still using paper and pen ballots - fill in the oval next to your choice. The ballots were long 14" maybe and one was 2 sided, the other just one. I'm going into such detail because I find this so very quaint. Any way, after you complete the ballot, you place it in a brown folder and take it to the ballot box. There, someone takes the folder from you. He/she can't see how you voted (if you put the stuff back in the correct order),and places the ballots (but not the brown envelope) into the box. This was all fine until I realized that the ballot box looked much like our paper shredder. Well, this is Florida and I guess shredding the ballots could save a lot of time in recounts.

Muriel

FINALLY voted tonight! Running errands with Mom, and was going to vote after my daughter was done at voice lessons. Since Mom was with me, we just sat in the car and waited. Apparently, her Inogen oxygen unit wore out my poor car battery! We had to call AAA to get a jump (the guy came quickly--said his daughter is on O2 and understood our plight)..and I made it with just minutes to spare.

By the way, I took Mom to her polling place before the voice lessons, and my daughter helped her in (unloading the O2 unit, etc), so Mom got to vote as well.

I always take my kids with me to vote--I think it is important.

:) Kelly