I miss you Dad

shaw324

It has been a long time since I have been on here. It has been almost 6 months since I have lost my father! I miss him everyday.. The past 6 months have been the worst months of my life! He was my everything! He was a widower, so he left everything up to me to take care of after his death. It has just been so overwhelming, I can't tell some days if Im coming or going. The first couple months, I think I was numb. I would not have anything shut off in his house, like the cable, his phone. Some people said I was trying to hold on to him? Im not sure, I was just not ready. I finally had the phone shut off last week, the cable is still on. I think Im going to put the house up for sale soon. I just don't have much left, to keep going over there a couple times a week. All I do is cry when Im there. But sometimes it is a good cry, and it comforts me there. I have a hard time explaining to friends and other family members what Im feeling but they just don't understand. I still burst out in tears out of no where. My husband has been great though. And I think knows just how painfull this has been. I have never in my life experianced something like this before, and pray I never do! People tell me that in time things will get better, but I miss him more everyday!! I MISS YOU DAD!!

Lisa, I am sorry... there is nothing quite like a "Daddys girl" losing her hero.... I know... I lost mine too....I understand your needing to "keep things as they were" for a while... thats okay, when you are ready to move on with Dads house, you will. I am praying for you. Love, Sharon

Oh Lisa, it is OK, that you haven't gotten around to some of those things. You don't have to.

And don't worry what some people think. People, I have found, just don't get it. Don't know what to say. Don't see how your life doesn't just get back on track. But I get it.

Take your time.

I cry every time I go to mom's house. And the cable is still on :)

Her glasses are where she left them the night before she died. So is her watch. Her to do list is still on the counter...but I finished the list for her.

I get it.

Dear Lisa,

I can so relate to everything your have written. I am a few months ahead......I lost my Dad 4/25/06. I too am also responsible for everything. It has been such a sad journey for me....I feel so alone in all of it......and find few who understand(other than so many on this board). I wish I had an answer or way to make any of this easier. I had to work on my Dads house for several months and have just put it on the market. I am there at least twice a week taking care of it.....sometimes I wander around outside in the beautiful forest and talk to him. There are times I feel like he is just going to walk in the door, I hardly believe he is gone. Take your time with all of this....small steps

Thinking of you

NancyT

(((Lisa)))

I know and I am so sorry. I go to moms closet to help pack and I cry, I sit on the couch and see the blanket she used for nearly a year and I cry. I see her knitting and I cry. I want nothing to change, I want everything to change.

I'm praying for you.

Thank you,

I can't thank all of you enough for your wonderful thoughts and sharing your stories, this does help. People who understand and are going threw the same thing I am. I don't know what I would do with out this place when I feel lost. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Lisa,

I totally understand! I lost my Dad just about 1 year ago and I still burst in to tears at any given time. I could be sitting at my desk at work or driving down the road a boom I'm sobbing. I guess it doesn't matter how old you are a girl wants there Daddy.. GOD KNOWS I WANT MINE!! Take care my prayers are with you..(((HUGS)))

Love, Michele