Getting to Know You - November 8th

Ann

Are you a person that deals better with the "known" or the "unknown"? In other words, do you want to know everything straight up or do you prefer to not know the rality of an issue?

Like Kasey, I'm a "gotta know" gal! Give me all the facts...good or bad. I need to have time to get myself in an "I can handle this mode" and I need all the info to do so!

Ok, I am both sides of this. Usually I want all the facts, just the facts ma'am, so I know how to handle the situation. And then I am a doer, do everything I can to handle whatever it is.

BUT

When I got the news that I had a change in my mammogram and even though it was probably just calcium deposits I went into total paralyzed mode. Laid on the couch, didn't check anything on the internet. Once I got the good news, I researched it all.

So, yes, I am a contradiction, big time.

I have always been a 'want to knower' but being a Navy wife, I've gotten pretty comfortable with the 'unknown.' Give me a medical situation and I'll google til the cows come home, but... I don't have to know where I'm going to live next month. If my husband will be here. If we'll be able to take that vacation (wait... vacation, what vacation?!)... When the deployment will be. On those I know I HAVE to wait and see, so I do.