Has anyone been denied chemo and become stong enough later

Hello Again everyone,

My Dad was denied chemo due to his weakened physical condition. He is barely able to get out of bed to go to the living room. I wonder, has anyone with trapped lung and malignant effusion ever been in the same situation? If so, what can I do to build his strength. He says he is not going to take chemo ever, but I wonder if I can make him stronger...would he change his mind?

Thanks,

Lee-Anne

• 2 months later...

Hi,

My husband was denied another round of chemo - we just were told this today. He will be taking the drug Iressa. My husband also has a weakened condition and is not able to tolerate anymore chemo.

Hang in there and choose hope.

Michelle

Yes it can happen. My dad was denied chemo on 4/21 as the oncologist said that he was too weak for it and he woulnt give it. Dad had a trapped right lung due to a pleural effusion and mets to the liver and bones. We saw him again a month later and he said there are no magic cures to this, but he would give chemo if he wanted, but not recommended. Dad has said he doesnt want anymore chemo, so we have him taking alternative supplements. He was drinking tea and vegetable juices for ahwile and now is on l-arginine and Hoxsey. I have called many places for clinical trials and have an appointment for later this month. I hope your husband can get stronger and more active.