Introducing Myself

raneyf

I am a 30 year old female non-smoker. I was just diagnosed with NSCLC - Adeno in October. I have a mass in my left upper lobe with some lymph node involvement. Also some bone mets to my pelvis and spine. I just finished radiation for the bone met pain and have been on Tarceva for 2 1/2 weeks. I have my first follow up scheduled for 11/15, with labs and a chest x-ray. I appreciate the stories of hope on this web-site. I'm a married mother of a 4 year old and a 2 month old and can use all the hope I can get.

Welcome Raney,

You are right about hope being found on this website. We have plenty of that. Please tell us more about yourself and many will jump right in with support and information for you.

So sorry to find you here..........but we will help you through.

Kasey

Welcome!

This is a great place to come for hope. There are so many here to offer support and hope. I hope that you will refer to this site often. It is a great place to come to when you need those extra words of encoragement. I could not have survived without the support of this group!

My husband is 34 and we have two kids too, a son 11 and a daughter 5. I understand how difficult this is for you. I have been there. Please feel free to PM me and I will help you in anyway that I can.

Hello Raney and welcome!

I am sorry you had reason to find a site such as this, but very glad you did.

Please ask any and all questions you have and be assured that there are many wonderful people here that will have answers, advice and most importantly offer you HOPE.

Let us know how we can help and we will.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

Chris

Raney,

I'm soo sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with this dreaded disease at such a young age. This is a great site with lots of wonderful folks. I am 40 years old and also diagnosed this year when my baby was 6 months old. She is now 11 months and about 1 week old. I also have a 7 year old and 13 year old. I start Chemo again in a few days. I understand how difficult this disease can be when you have small children at home. Feel free to PM me anytime if you want to talk.

You are in my thoughts

Lilly

Hi Raney,

I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but you've found a great place here.

I know how frightening this all is, especially when you have young children who are counting on you to be around for a long time. Like you, I have adenocarcinoma. I am 39 years old and my children are 11, 9 and 5.

Hang in there. Come here whenever you need to ask questions, vent, or just want to talk. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Tracy

Raney,

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with lung cancer at such a young age, but I am so very glad that you found this site. There is a lot of information and support to be found here. There are lots of survivors here too, you can read their stories in the survivors forum. But the most important thing you will find here is HOPE.

Having a good attitude and keeping hope alive will get you through the many ups and downs of this disease. You are young and strong and you can beat this disease, you just have to believe you can!

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Let us know how your treatment goes. Stay strong!

God Bless,

Sharon

Hi Rainy,

So sorry you had to be on here. I could only imagine what you went through when you found out a diagnosis like that especially being a non-smoker. This is why we have to get the word out that no one is immune and we need funding and research for early detection.

Please know the LC is not a death sentence. There is so many more treatments now than ever before. If one does not work they will try another.

We are a great family here, who will answer your questions and give you all the support you need.

Please stay with us and keep us posted on your progress.

Maryanne

Welcome Raney,

I hate it when anyone gets lc, but I especially hate it when the young people get it. I hope your treatment brings you to NED. I have had 3 separate cancers now and am still hopeful that my latest treatment will be suceessful. You can have some of my hope.

Don M