Great to find this site

teriw

My husband (a young 44 years old) was diagnosed with sclc about 6 weeks ago (10/06). Two trips to the primary care doctor with wheezing and a tight feeling in the chest. Finally, an x-ray on the third visit. He's had his first week of chemo (carboplatin/etoposide) for three days in a row. Will start another shortly. We've been told that radiation will occur after the chemo cycles. I'm here seeking support and useful information. I LOVE the attitude of the survivors and loved ones on this site. Thanks for being here!

Teri,

I am so sorry to read about your husband's diagnosis, but am so glad you found this site. This is a great place for information and support. I am praying that all goes well with your hubby's treatment. Keep posting and let us know his progress. Hang in there and stay strong!

God Bless,

Sharon

Hi Teri,

Welcome here and know that we are a very infomative and supportive family here.

I have no experiece with sclc, but I know that so many people on here have. So many have really well with chemo and radiation. It worked for them and it will work for your husband.

Just keep a positive attitude that he will beat this monster as so many people have.

Please keep us posted on his progress. Also, write up a profile in My Profile that will appear on the bottom of your posts, so we will know what kind of LC he has and his treatments so far.

We are here 24/7 if you have questions or just need support.

Maryanne :wink:

Hello Teri and welcome

I am sorry about your husbands diagnosis but glad you found this site.

Please let us know how we can help you, ask any questions you have and know that someone here will be able to help you out. This site is such a wonderful resource and such a great place to get support and HOPE.

Keep us posted as you can, we are here and we care

Chris

Teri,

My husband was diagnosed in October 2005 and he has been in remission since January 2006. Look at the profile below and you will notice he had the same chemo as your husband is getting; however, he had radiation and chemo at the same time. He did not get sick, but was very fatigued and had to take pain pills and magic mouthwash for a short period of time for esphogous pain due to radiation. The stoke was not associated with the lung cancer. We believed we had a chance and thank God our friends and family made sure we were on lots and lots of prayers lists. This site is a blessing.

Hoping the treatment plan works wonders and sending up prayers for your both of you.

Mary

Thank you all so much for your welcome. I already feel the support, and it's amazing.

Mary, thank you for taking the time to share about your husband. I'm so sorry for what happened. It says a lot about you that you're here on this site trying to lend support and caring to other people. What a blessing you are.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all,

Teri

Teri,

Please keep us posted regarding your husband's progress - I'll bet you feel you are in a new world entirely!

I am right here with you, as are the others on this site. I am new to all of this as well, but the "vets"

here have lots of great, practical, "been there/done that" info and encouragement.

God Bless, and stay strong! MC

Teri:

Thanks for posting your profile. It communicates a lot more than just chronology and medical details. It also demonstrates that you, and undoubtedly your husband, are proactive and have a great attitude -- both big pluses in the battle we're all waging.

I was going to mention the SCLC forum, but see you have a good discussion going on there already. You'll probably get useful answers to your questions regardless of which forum you use -- I think most members in an answering mode check the "View posts since last visit" link when they log in -- but having subject-specific posts in the "correct" forum does make for more productive browsing. I was also going to recommend the Search feature, but you're probably way ahead of me on that too!!

Best wishes and Aloha.