Started Chemo Today

ursol

Shall I say I was scared..Yes I was. But I started chemo Paclitaxol and Carboplatin. Today was the first of two rounds post operation. I will have the next treatment on December 5th.

I arrived at 9:30 AM and first met my medical oncologist. He is the sweetest man and he said to me, "are you sure you want to start today, I feel guilty for pressuring you to start in November when you originally wanted to start in December". Well I told him I was just being a baby and it was not his fault, I told him the blame lied with the ladies of this board who through their wonderful support gave me the courage to move forward as I should.

Anyhow, got through it. I was finished at 5:30 PM, it was a long day. I feel okay tonight but I know by Thursday I'll be hurting but mentally I'm okay now that I'm done with this round.

Lilly

I am happy to hear that you completed your first round of chemo. Remember to drink plenty of water and by Thursday you might want to stay ahead of the pain with your pain medication or Alleve. Take care.

Carol

Lilly,

Way to be girl! You may not feel too bad this time around I hope. Drink the fluids, take your nausea pills and let us know how you are doing this weekend. (Tony had his on Tuesday's also and started feeling human again on Monday - FYI.) Check with the Doc on pain relievers as Tony was told only tylenol.

We are here for you. Hoping for smooth sailing.

Welthy