Asking for Prayers, wisdom & thoughts (UPDATE 11/22)

Connie B

((((Connie)))),

So sorry to hear you are going through troubled times. The only thing that popped into my mind when reading your post was that my BIL had some type of blockage or something in arteries in the groin area that caused him terrible leg/groin/back pain. He kept complaining about not even being able to sit and drive, much less walk any distance. He had some type of surgery done on blood vessels/arteries (?) in the groin area and he is as good as new now.

I can't imagine that they wouldn't have found this by now for you, but you asked for any info.

I hope they get to the bottom of your problem and soon!!

Warm regards,

Welthy

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!

Your support and kindness is GREATLY APPERCIATED more then I can say!!! You people are the GREATEST!

((((((((((GROUP HUG)))))))))))))))

I thought I would give you a little update on what is going on.

1. It's hard for me to sit here at the computer so I don't spend much time here because it causes my groin more discomfort. :roll::x

2. I decided to go to my chiropractor to see if HE can help with some of this pain and discomfort. I went on Monday and today, so far I can't say things are any better, but I'm being very open minded and very hopeful that some of what he does will help.

3. So many of you have given me such wonderful information and advice, THANK YOU!!! I have made up a list to take to my Cardiologist doctor when I see him Dec 13. Plus I will share this list with my PCP.

4. They were going to do an upper GI on me on Monday, but had to cancel because I am on Plavix (blood thinner) and they didn't want to risk anything just yet, so they wanted to discuss it and they will do so and let me know after the holiday.

They will check for Acid Reflex and whatever else goes with that.

5. My thyroid (blood work) has come back A-OKAY nothing indicates I have any thyroid problems. But, I am still going to keep that on my list just in case something has been missed.

6. At this time, my biggest complaint is the groin and burning in my legs. The chest pain comes and goes about 3 to 6 times a week, so that's not any better or worse.(well, maybe it's a little better) I do have some circulation issues with my face. Not Numbness but more so like the circulation is being cut off and it lasts for a few hours at a time.

7. They did an Altrasound of my groin area neck area and abdoman area and all those tests came back clean and clear also. They also did an Xray of my groin and my hips and that too was clean and clear.

8. I STILL have the SOB and Nina, I'm with you my friend, I look at it both ways, SOB, AND/OR SOB! :lol::lol::wink: IT's HELL when you can't breathe. I'm so limited to what I can and can't do. I'm not one to sit and let others do for me, so this is REALLY REALLY HARD! Oh Lord it's Hard to Be Humble! :roll::wink:

The GOOD NEWS about all these tests is they are all coming back clear, but the bad news is, I still feel like crap!

Having stopped the (3) Meds I was on 3 weeks ago, I have to say I DO feel somewhat better over all not taking them. Some of the ishy feelings I had have left me and I am guessing it's because I am not taking those pills anymore. (blood pressure meds) And just to add, my BP is 100% normal, running 110 over 68 to 123 over 78 in that range. It's not low and it's not high, although I never did have High or Low BP, (NEVER) They said one reason they put me on those BP Pills is for healing purposes. Well, I decided I'm HEALED! :roll::lol::wink:

I hope this chest pain is Acid Reflex, and maybe we can fix it. As for the Groin pain and Burning legs :?:?:shock::shock: It's just a mind blower. But it's very uncomfortable, and causes many nights of no sleep. :roll::(

I am now only on 3 Medications, Crestor, Zetia,& Plavix. I am also taking a multivitamin along with calcium vitamin and fish oil. I hope to stop the Crestor and Zeita once these vitamins get in my system.

So, the journey goes on. The REALLY GOOD NEWS here is, at least it's NOT LUNG CANCER! I have to look for the silver lining and I have to find the positive in all this.

I have to say, I really am getting doctored out, but I have to do, what I have to do, and your help and support and ideas have been just AWESOME!

Oh, before I forget, as Katie mentioned, I have been to Mayo, and I have talked to them about my SOB. When I talked to my surgeon at MAYO about the SOB and I told him this is new for me and I never ever had anything like this, his answer to me was; (Well my dear you do only have One Lung") He felt the SOB would get better, but so far no go! And he never gave me any better answer then I am a one lunger. Mayo is where I went this January for my heart surgery. So, they have been a part of all this happy hooha! They just don't have any answers other then to tell me to talk to my PCP, or PULM DOC, and see what THEY think could be causing my SOB. Although I could push the cart harder and see if Mayo could answer anything about this groin issue and burning leg issues, but for the most part, I think my PCP is doing a good job and is looking in every direction and some to get to the bottom of this. Plus I kind of know how Mayo works, and I can't say I am any more impressed with them any more then I am with my Doctor's here. My doc's are very aggressive with me, and they are very careful to always rule out he BIG STUFF (Cancer, heart attack,heart tumors., Etc) But they don't know how to deal with the so called little stuff with me, because I never get just something MINOR, :roll::wink: it's aways something hard to treat or somewhat rare, like the Myxoma Heart Tumor I had and the fact that it CAME BACK after they removed it the first time. The fact that I had one and the fact that it came back is what is even more rare! :shock::roll::wink:

Well, I have taken a pain pill so I can sit here and type all this to you. I just HAD to fill you all in and didn't want you to be left hanging or to think I didn't APPRECIATE your Love, Support, and Suggestings.

Snowflake, I'm having my back worked on, and my Chiro told me my lower back is pretty messed up, not to mention the rest of me"! Thank you for turning on my light bulb. Thank you ALL for putting some light on all this happy hooha I am going through.

((((HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL)))))

Hi Connie, I am so sorry this is happening to you. I am no doctor, but someone of the things you said "rang a bell".

I'm wondering if you had angiogram or angioplasty in the past? It is easy for the femoral nerve to become permanently damaged/bruised/nicked when they put in the sheath for angiogram. The femoral nerve runs right along side the vein they use in your groin for angiogram. You can read about it at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... m#Symptoms

Some folks in my cardiac rehab complained of numbness or burning in their legs, above the knee and below the waist and they said it came after angiogram. But of course no docs want to talk about this. :)

As for the chest pains, I had heart flutters with some chest pains a few months ago and my GP gave me Nexium. I was having very minor dry burps no real regurgitation. But Nexium stopped the heart flutter and the chest pain. I can make flutters come back by eating salsa and drinking cranberry juice. :)

Now how Nexium can stop heart flutter, I have no idea. I also am taking Zetia, Plavix and Pravachol(statin) plus baby aspirin. I swear Zetia is the culprit causing my flutters and burps, but my GP disagrees so I keep taking it.

You know Zetia is pretty new drug and it works in the digestive track and I don't think these drugs are fully tested.

Just my two cents. Hope you feel better soon.

Barb

Connie.

What you are now going through is what I have been going through to a large degree for the last 3 plus years. It is a witch not to be able to move or breathe. (try doing all on your own without anyone's help!!!!)

Keep pushing the doctors. I mean it. Don't take that duh. gee one lunger answer. That's crap.

Today I feel better than I have in those 3 plus years. What's changed? Medication tweaking...heart and lung. O2 fulltime. A chemical paddle or two to my heart.

In any event. I couldn't walk to the mailbox a week ago. And today I almost trotted out there.

Give 'em hell and don't give up. Push even through the frustration.

Cindi o'h

Hey Barb, Your two cents are grately appreciated. I have had a total of 6 angiogarms over the last 3 years and I had one angioplasty Oct 19, 2006. They have gone in the artery and they have gone in the vein. I am soooo grateful to your information regarding the groin and legs infomration. Your AWESOME! :D Your right about doc's not wanting to admit to anything, espeically if it's on there end.(that's the medical world)

As for the Zetia, I am on 10mg's but as of today I stopped taking it. I;ve been on it for about 3 months now. I am also on a baby asprin (which I forgot to mention) I hate taking NEW DRUGS on the market. I just don't feel good about it. The reason I am on the Zeita is because the Crestor wasn't lowing my bad colestrol enough so he thought he would add a BUMP to the Crestor. Bump my RUMP! My bad LDL is 90 and for heart disease it should be 70, so they say. I just have some very mixed feelings about all this. I'm still in the learning stages of this heart disease and heart problems. What a world this is to be in! I thought the world of lung cancer was bad, but.......... :?:shock::roll:

When I had the Myxoma tumor removed 3 years ago, they removed the problem and sent me on my merry way, taking OUT the problem.(I liked how that worked) They said my heart was good and strong 3 years ago. Then when the Myxoma came back last year they also found I needed a double by pass, so that put me in the heart disease world, :roll: not the Myxoma, but the double bypass.

Plavex is another one I'm leary of taking. Although I know I NEED TO, it's just got so many lawsuits attached to it. :shock: It's not that I am against prescription meds, it's just that they are sooo pushy with them these days. For me it's been here, take this pill, and then the next doc says, I'm adding this pill, and the next doc says, you should be on this pill too. :shock::shock::roll: So, my hubby and I are totally back in control of what passes my lips in the drug world.

Again, I thank you so much for the website and I'll keep everyone in tune to what the out come is. I'm being very hopeful and I'm fighting really hard to get to the bottom of all this. It's Another Great Day to Be Alive!

Thanks again Barb.

Thanks Everyone for your warm support and your helpful hints and ideas. We'll get er done! Where would the doctor's be without us??? :wink:

Sending prayers and :idea: Answer to last question is Unemployed needing Money for the Putt Putt Course and gas for their Hyundai's :lol:

Prayers and big warm blankets for comfort from the Carolinas

Wow Connie, 6 angiograms...I wonder, do any of these comments in the angio forum below match your symptoms?

http://www.ptca.org/nv/forum.html?/foru ... 00203.html

Well I hope this is the answer to the mystery. I've noticed that the nurses in cardiac rehab are more candid in discussing possible "mishaps" of treatment like radiation heart and femoral nerve than the docs. :)

Barb