Sermon That Really Spoke To Me

tnmynatt

Mom had a lobectomy on the 17th. She was in ICU for two days, in the hospital for seven, and finally came home last Friday. Today she is still in severe pain and requiring oxygen when she sleeps or does anything strenuous (relatively).

She's very worried and scared. Her own mom died of lung cancer twenty years ago and we just can't seem to convince her that she has much better odds. She will most likely start adjuvant chemo soon, but the surgeon insists she mustn't do this until she's fully healed from this surgery.

We're all really scared I guess. I could use some help w/ local support groups or just anything, really. I'm mostly concerned about her mental wellbeing. It takes a positive attitude to fight this disease.

Tina...thanks so very much for the link. It really gave me a lot to think about.

Mitchell...I used to live just outside of Knoxville. I moved to Florida in 1984. So sorry to hear your mom is ill. Tina is a wonderful person to have as a "Big Orange Buddy." I certainly am envious that you live so close to her...I would love to be in K-Town with you guys. I'll be saying prayers for you and your mom and as always will be thinking of our dear friend, Tina.