New to this Forum

jmckee

I found this forum over the weekend and find it comforting to have a way of communicating with others.

I am very lucky.

I had breast cancer 13 years ago. I mean it was terrifying, but I had surgery and no chemo or radiation was indicated.

I think I went back to " normal life".

This year I was diagnosed with lung cancer. Stage 1b BAC. I don't think I will ever look at life quite the same. I think that is good..

Anyway,

Thankyou to those who run this board.

Judy

Welcome Judy,

I am sure you will find a lot of friends here willing to share. By sharing with others you will be able to keep a positive attitude and beat your cancer. You have so many options to communicate here PM message, e-mail, and posting. If I can be of any help let me know. Keep us posted.

Stay positive, :lol:

Ernie

Hi Judy , welcome. Tell us some more about you and what you have been through this year. Did you have surgery ? How are you coping? Do you have a local support group for lung cancer victims? If it was early in the year, have you had a follow up CT?

Donna G

Hi Judy,

Already love your grateful heart. Good going. And yes. Aren't these folks wonderful to put together this site for all of us!

We can never be able to thank them enough.

There are a few who are successfully surviving dual cancer diagnosis. Read on. You will find inspiration here and inspire the rest of us as well.

Welcome!

Cindi o'h

Judy:

Welcome to the LCSC -- it's a wonderful resource.

I know you included some background in your initial post, but if you can provide some additional specifics about your situation, diagnosis, and treatment you'll get plenty of responses from folks here who have gone down the same path that you're on. A simple way to accomplish this is via the profile of symptoms, treatments, results, etc. displayed at the bottom of your posts. This profile always reflects your latest updated information even if the message is old and saves you from having to repeat a lot of background and status information every time you post -- just plunge right into the subject at hand. To create a profile, click the My Profile link at the top of the page, enter/update your information in the Signature window, and make sure that Preferences > Always attach my signature is marked Yes.

Since you successfully battled breast cancer some years back and have now been diagnosed with lung cancer, your perspective will be valuable to old-timers and new members alike. It's great having you with us, although....well, you know what I mean.

Best wishes and Aloha.

Hi Judy,

I also have had breast cancer and lung cancer...look at my profile beneath this post. Just wanted to welcome you, and yes, I don't look at life the same either, and that's probably a good thing, but all of us here can understand your perspective.

When you can, please complete your profile so we can find out more about you.

Cindy

Hello Judy,

Welcome here. As you see we are a very caring and knowledgeable family. Sorry you had to find us but glad that you did.

I am sorry you are a two time opponent of 2 horrible diseases. You faught once and won and you can do this again.

Let us know what is going on with you treatments. Your stage is 1B so that indicates to me you are probably a canidade for surgery.

Good luck with you fight and know that we are right by your side.

Maryanne :wink: