Thanksgiving

Kasey

Hello to all who are home this holiday!

Tomorrow (Thanksgiving Day) Fred and I will be home alone.....and I am thankful. We will have a pork roast with mashed potatoes and some ice cream for dessert.....and I am thankful. Some friends are feeling sorry for us.....no family to celebrate with. Everyone comes at Christmas and we know we must share with others at Thanksgiving.....so that is fine.....and we are thankful for that too.

After these past two years, EVERY day is Thanksgiving in our house.

Each morning I awake I am thankful for another day on this earth.

I am thankful for the pain I endure.....becuse that reminds me I had surgery and that I am lucky to have had it.

I am thankful for the extra pounds I have gained.....for that indicates I am healthy and eating well.

I am thankful for the wonderful man I share life with.....for there were many years that I was alone.

I am thankful for this website.....for without it I would not have gotten the info needed to save my life.

I am thankful for all the folks here.....because they remind daily of the strength each member here possesses.

I am thankful for the support of everyone here.....for some days that is what gets me through.

Tomorrow (Thanksgiving Day) I will be here. If there is anyone who needs to be here.....I will be here for you. I am thankful to be able to do that.

Many of you will be spending a bittersweet holiday without your loved one or struggling with this evil disease.....and I am sorry. All of you will be Fred's and my hearts tomorrow. And I am thankful for all of you.

Let us all count what blessings we can.

Love,

Kasey

I want to also give my thanks for this site that has allowed my Kasey to be with me this Thanksgiving. I am thankful for the support you all give Kasey which also supports me. We are thankful for every day we have together and to have all of you as our family.

Fred

Kasey,

Happy Thanksgiving

:lol:

Thanks for sharing with us on thanksgiving. I think cancer has made me more thankful for everything.

People get a chuckle when I tell them how I used to get annoyed about someone cutting me off in traffic and now I just sit back and thank the lord that I am here and can be cut off. It sure has changed my perspective for the better. It is hard for people to believe, but I truly think my cancer is answer to prayer. I prayed for a ministry and got it. I guess I was not specific enough.

Have a great day.

Stay positive, :lol:

Ernie

I wish you all a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving, I am heading to my sisters house shortly. First time in 7 years I DON'T HAVE TO COOK!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!

To all of those who are celebrating your first holiday without a loved one, I am sorry. I know how hard the day can be and I wish you peace. For those of you who have "been down this road before"... I hope with each passing year it becomes a little more tolerable. I thank each of you for the constant source of support you have shown to me. I hope somehow, someway, I can repay you all. Love, Sharon

Kasey,

As usual you have a way with words. Thank you for expressing my feelings for me. I had dinner at my brothers house with all of my siblings and most of their children. Both of my children and grands were there. Up until last year the celebration was always at my house but I am just too tired to clean up after it all now. I did cook the dressing and gravy 8)

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you here. I thought about this wonderful, caring place quite a lot today as we went about our gathering. I hope you all were with someone that loves you.

Nina

Thank you Kasey for your eloquent and heartfelt expresssions of Thanksgiving. My first thoughts are to Thank God for life each day. His blesssings are abundant amd too many to count. We found out this Thanksgiving that a second grandchild is expected next year so were thrilled beyond words. Life is Good. Cancer makes you apppreciate the people and interactions in life. Deeply apppreciate all the time and work you do on this site. Another blessing for us to enjoy. God bless you abundantly and richly. pammie