My Buddy's x-ray and scan came back bad news

norme

Hi Everyone,

The day was going along fine (as fine as a day in the life of stage IV nsclc and his spouse can go) until one hour ago when the onc called to give Buddy the results. Seems like his liver has more cancer and his left shoulder now has mets to that area in the bone. No more taxotere. Onc is going to send Buddy for a brain scan and also schedule him for radiation for the shoulder to help with the pain. He will in the mean time study his case again, only after he sees the brain scan results, and see us in his office next Tuesday to discuss the next step. The reason for the brain scan is because strange happenings have occurred here at home these past few days and I mentioned them to the onc and that is why he wants to have the brain ck'd. I thought maybe it was because of the whole head radiation in the past but the onc doesn't think so.

I was on here earlier today and read a post from Cathy listed under Grieving titled "Why do we come back". After I read it, i logged off to start dinner and was thinking about it all the while up until the phone call from the onc. I realize that her statement was intended for when a loved one passes on, why do some still come back to the board. That made me wonder why I come back day after day and because of the phone call from the onc I know why. I was able to talk with him without tears and without the feeling that my stomach was coming up thru my throat. I was able to explain it to my Buddy without crying, I was able to accept it even though it is he//////. Why, because of this board. I knew I could come here and pour out my heart and everyone, caregiver and survivor will understand how I am feeling right now... I know that hey, it could be worse for I have seen and heard worse and read and heard everyones fighting spirit day after day and because of that I to have been able to learn to fight if Buddy so choses.

So, I want to thank all of you for being here tonight for me and want you all to know that I love each and everyone of you even though we have never met, I love you....thank you for giving me this great strenght I sure didn't have before I found this sight...

Norme,

I do know how it feels to hear that news. I remember the pit in my stomach (it was just a few months ago) when all the bad news seemed to hit my dad at once. So yes, I know how you feel. My heart aches just reading your post. Until the MRI comes back, take it a day at a time...there's much more that can be done in Buddys case as opposed to my dad's sclc. Hang in there (((HUGS))) and let us know. We ALL will be praying for you.

KatieB

Norme,

Please know I am thinking of you and am sorry for the news you received. I know that awful pit feeling in the gut of your stomach and boy does it hurt. You are never alone, you have all of us here. I am reaching out and sending you a big hug during this difficult time. I will pray to God that he gives Buddy some relief and some good news soon. All my best,

Andrea

So sorry to hear that you got bad news about Buddy. I feel like I know you two through the many posts that you write. When I saw the title, I just uttered "Oh, no." You give many others the strength to carry on through "bad" days and I'm glad to know that our loving and caring can help to do the same for you. Prayers and thoughts to you and Buddy. Hopefully, this is just a "down" and the "up" is around the next corner.

Gail P-M

Dearest Norme,

When I read that heading, I didn't even want to acknowledge the unhappy news by opening the post. Doggone it all!!!! I hate this crappy stuff! :evil:

And there you were being the same old wise, compassionate friend to all of us when I know are needy yourself at this moment. You have been there so many times for all of us, now it is your turn to count on us. I know you and Buddy will weather the tempests, no matter the news and no matter what Buddy decides. Prayers will be winging your way.

Sending you love and hugs; wish I could do a he//// of a lot more!

Dear Sweet Norme,

(((((((((((((GREAT BIG HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))

Just to let you know I was in church today at Adoration and prayed for everyone here and left a general intention for the board in the prayer basket, so know that you were prayed for today. We love you too, very much.

Love,

Linda

Ah, Norme. I'm sorry to hear that you got bad news, but I'm glad the doc thinks he can help. I sure know what you mean about getting strength from everyone on this site. I reach out for strength from you all and some of the post I read really make me think. As always, you are both in my prayers tonight.

Annie

Norme, I am so very sorry!! I truely am, this made cry! Sometimes I wish we all lived in our own special community and we could really lean on each other and give an actual hug to the people we have grown to love! I wish I could do something for you to help make this easier! Just know I AM thinking about you and buddy!! Christy

Norme-

I, too, am sorry to hear about your Buddy. I didn't want to open this post, either - knew it was not a good report you got. As I am trying to write and cry at the same time, know that I will be praying extra hard for you both as you continue on your fight. Love and hugs-

Terrie

All the aboveposts are why I love this place and why I keep coming back...I feel so much support for my Buddy and me from each and everyone of you....please, reach your lips to your hand and kiss it, then put your hand up to your cheek, - - that is from me.

This group of Drs that Buddy has is great! They have started the ball rolling again. He goes for a brain scan tomorrow afternoon, can't have an MRI because of the clamp in his brain from the aneurysm years ago. On Friday he starts radiation for his shoulder. Tuesday he goes back to the chemo onc. Fast is good, no laying around worrying. (They had scheduled him for tomorrow morning for radiation at 8:30 but I have an eye appt which I have had for over 3 wks so they rescheduled him for Friday. I had noticed while driving down to SC that my vision needed new glasses for I have tri-focals and I keep trying to see distance out of the middle level, -- thats bad. Good thing every car stayed out of my way).... Our son would have taken him tomorrow but I want to be there.. I am mother hen...

Dearest Norme,

I, too, did not want to open your post, but care about you and your Buddy too much to have bypassed it.

I am so sorry about the bad news, but so glad the doctors are saying, 'Ok let's see what we do now'. Every day that goes by may allow some research doctor to go WOW, I've got it, it works.

My heart and prayers are with you and Buddy.

Norme,

You and Buddy are two of the reasons why I keep coming. Just seeing a post from you normally makes me smile!

I am so glad that the doctors have a plan and are in there fighting right along with you guys! Sorry I am late posting, I did not see your post until now!

(((((((((((((HUGS to both of you))))))))))))))))))))

Debi

47 years old

Stage 1a-nsclc

Surgery June 16, 2003 - upper & mid lobe removed