My Sister Lost the Fight

Sis

My hands are shaking as I type this post. Early this morning my wonderful sister lost her battle against this miserable disease. She died in her home while being held by her loving husband and son. Yesterday she took a sudden turn for the worse. Her husband called me and said, "El, your sister needs to hear your voice". I said my tearful goodbye knowing that I could never make it to Colorado in time to say it in person. She was too weak to speak, but I know she heard and understood. My heart is breaking and I don't think I can go on without her in my life.

All I keep saying to myself is "if only".. If only the multiple doctors who saw her in the beginning hadn't mis-diagnosed her cancer. If only these so called 'doctors' realized that people who never smoked can and DO get lung cancer. If only I flew to Colorado 2 days earlier than scheduled. IF ONLY.

Tomorrow I go to Colorado, not to celebrate her birthday, but to attend her funeral. I've got to try to be strong for her husband and my nephew, but I don't know how I can get through it. I must try, for my sister. I am blessed with wonderful family and friends who will help each other through this.

I will continue to watch this valuable board in hopes of reading good news about all the survivors out there. I pray that one day soon this disease will get the attention and funding that it deserves. My prayers will continue for each one of you. Thank you for all you've done to help me along this path. Sincerely, Ellie (Sis)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I SO HATE THIS AWFUL DISEASE!!! I hate that it has taken your sisters life and the lives of so manyh others. I hate what it has done to you and your family. Please accept my condolences. I am so very sorry.

Carol

PLease accept my condolences and prayers at this very trying time. We are always here for you if you need us. I wish there was something I could say or do and if you need anything drop me a PM. I am right down the road in Greensboro If I can help with anything. THis Link may give yousome comfort; it helps me sometimes,

http://inspiringthots.net/movie/limit-cancer.php

Another heartbreaker for me :cry: , Ellie. I am so sincerely sorry to hear this devastating news, and that you didn't make it to CO for your sister's 58th birthday in early Dec. Once again all I can say is that lung cancer has to be the most insidious, evil disease of them all, and I will work as best I can to cause its demise.

I can think of nothing to ease the pain your whole family must be feeling at this point. So all I can do is add all of you to one VERY long list of names we pray for daily in our house. Your beautiful sister will not be forotten here. Once part of our family.....ALWAYS remembered here.

Kasey