Don'tKnow About this

Guest DaveG

Iwent for my scan today. My oncologist said the cancer is still there but shows no growth since the previous scan. At the present we just watch it. I don't know what to think about this. I don't know whether this is good news or bad news. I have cancer but it's not growing.

:?::?::?::?::?::?:

Man, Dave, I would LOVE it if my dad got news like that. Stable disease is good. Stable disease means no spread and no spread is very good news. I know you would rather hear of shrinkage, but this is good. Maybe next scan will show that there is shrinkage! Until then, take care-been thinking about you ALOT and saying lots of prayers for you. Deb

Dave,

I felt this same way when we found out that my mom still had active cancer present at her last scan time...I had hoped that it would be gone. So I had felt like it was bad news. But recently she had a CT scan (checking for blood clots) and had commented that there had been no change. For some reason this time, I took this to be good news. Because in my heart I feel that if things are stable then they are good. I just do not want to hear that there are any new growths. So I think you should take it as good news.

Dave,

Since I have had stable CT scans over the last three months (the favorite liine seems to be that you have to look at the date of scan to tell which is which), I have grown to appreciate that conclusion...no change! Then I go on about my life between scans (every four weeks on this trial). So enjoy your time and hope for reduction in the future.

Peace,

Margaret

You are always so positive and helpful, that I just felt like I should share that with you. I agree with the rest. No growth is good news!!! You're thoughtfulness and stregnth is an inspiraiton to all. Life is what it is. You're appreciation for it already gives you something that others cannot pay money for. You truly are a positive presence and inspiration in this world and very much appreciated. I don't know it that helps or not, but I hope that it brings you some sense of accomplishment. You rock!!!

Dave, I know we'd ALL like to see the cancer gone!! But just like sharyn said 3 years for her dad and no change, which means no growth!! I'd be happy if Darrells cancer could get to that point where his is stable. Sure we rather hear its gone!!!! But right now I'll take stable!! Thats really Good News Dave!!!!!!! Christy